Senior PHP Backend Developer (m/f/d)
Clean Energy for everyone.
Welcome to zolar! We’re on a mission to make solar power accessible to everyone and are proud to enable our customers to use the power of the sun in their own homes while making an active contribution to climate protection.
At zolar, we know that different people are successful in different ways, which is why we offer a hybrid working environment, meaning you can decide how much time you spend in our Berlin office, or how much time you spend working from home.
We strive for sustainability, we are ambitious, honest, and transparent, and we never want to stop learning or growing.
Will you join us in working towards a greener future for everyone?
Your role at zolar
The Tech team at zolar ensures that we create a customer-centric environment and a positive contribution to the climate. Our focus is to develop software that provides and enhances new - and in some cases previously untapped - opportunities for climate action, and generates business value. Each of our development teams take full responsibility for a specific product, independently ensuring that the software is delivered quickly as well as functionally and completely.
Our tech stack at zolar consists of: PHP( Symfony ), MySQL, Kafka for the server side and TypeScript, React, Redux for frontend applications. Our cloud provider of choice is AWS and you might encounter AWS Lambdas, DynamoDB, S3, etc.
Get to know our team's tech stack choices better by having a look at our Zolar Tech Radar that lists our approach to languages and frameworks, platforms, processes and development tools we are looking to adopt or trial further.
As a (Senior) Backend Engineer (f/m/x), you implement high quality features and improve existing code base to enable our internal teams managing their projects with highest customer experience.
You will take on the following tasks at zolar:
- Design and plan technical solutions based on product requirements.
- Write and test product code in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Participate in code review, software design review and engage in pair programming.
- Share knowledge and exchange feedback, to support team growth.
- You build it – you run it. Deploy and maintain applications in production.
- Scale our product through system architecture, finding the best fitting solution for the job.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- You have strong experience in modern Object-Oriented Programming Languages. Experience with PHP 8 and Symfony is a plus.
- You have experience working with event-driven architecture, using Kafka or similar solutions.
- Experience in test automation: unit, functional, integration.
- You are familiar with agile development practices (e.g. TDD, BDD, Pair Programming).
- Strong experience in building APIs, both internal and external.
- Plus: You have worked with AWS or other cloud solutions.
- Plus: Experience with TypeScript and AWS Lambdas.
100% remote working possible // Stay flexible
Whether you want to save yourself the commute to work or want to see your colleagues in person – you are free to choose how many days you work remotely or in the office.
Workation // Stay curious
As a digital company, we believe you can do your work just as well from the beach house in Portugal or the winter cabin in Sweden. That's why you can work up to 4 weeks per quarter from anywhere within the EU.
Mental & physical health // Stay healthy
Your mental and physical health is close to our hearts. You can expect 30 days of annual leave per year in addition to a mental health program in cooperation with Mindsurance and a discounted membership in Urban Sports Club.
Company pension plan // Live well tomorrow
A world worth living in is a matter close to our hearts, which is why we offer our employees support in their private retirement planning with the help of sustainable providers and an employer contribution of 20%.
Benefitsy // You have the choice
You get a monthly voucher budget of fifty Euros in the Benefitsy portal at your free disposal (e.g. Spotify, REWE, Sixt, IKEA and many more).
Dog policy // Bring your own dog
A variety of four-legged feel-good managers provide natural entertainment in the office and enjoy the attention of their two-legged colleagues.
Buddy programme & (team) events // Involved instead of just employed
Get off to a great start – with a buddy by your side and regular team- & company events.
Tomorrow Bank // Sustainable Banking
Thanks to our cooperation with Tomorrow Bank, you receive the Change-model free of charge for 6 months and also support climate protection in banking. Instead of investing in coal power or weapons, Tomorrow invests the money into the future.
Remote work equipment // Ready for work
We want you to be able to work as well at home as you can in the office, so we provide you with a one-off budget to purchase a desk, chair or other things you might need for your remote work. You also have the choice between a Lenovo ThinkPad or Apple Macbook.
Inspired by our love for the planet, we are creating a liveable future for all humans through renewable energy. Our mission is to build a solar system on every roof in the world. We enable homeowners to produce their own green electricity and at the same time actively contribute to climate protection.
Let's shape the energy revolution together – become part of team!
- Climate activists - We actively work on climate protection. As a team. Everyday.
- Growth Mindset - We yearn for growth.
- Strong together - Together we are working towards the same goal. Differences make us stronger.
- Information matters - We respect each other in discussion. The strongest argument wins.
- New paths - By offering a digital solution to climate protection, we are part of the renewable energy revolution.
- Now more than ever - Instead of giving up, we go the extra mile.