Battery Test Engineer
About the role
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation andtransportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportationand energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments ofbatteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Our team brings top researchers in physics-based battery algorithms together with seasoned softwareengineers to build safety-critical firmware and large scale machine learning systems. We bring with usdecades of experience from Toyota, Exponent, Proterra, Tesla, Gogoro, Google, and Facebook.
We're looking for a Battery Test Engineer to work closely with our R&D, engineering, and operations teammembers to drive and execute the entire process of battery testing. This includes physical setup,electrical testing, documentation, and ensuring that the test data flows through all data validation andprocessing steps. The ideal candidate will be someone who takes initiative, has an intuition for continuousimprovement of lab workflow and processes, uses common sense, and takes a creative and resourcefulapproach to solving problems.
- Execute test setup, instrumentation, data collection, and documentation
- Continuous improvement of lab processes and data management systems
- Manage, maintain, and research upgrades to our lab equipment (battery cyclers, thermalchambers, and electronics) and supplies/consumables
- Develop and enforce lab safety and workflow practices
- Electrical and/or mechanical design, assembly, and documentation of battery test fixtures
- Lead the continuous organization, tidiness, and safety compliance of lab spaces
- Validate the end result of the lab work, working with other team members to determine pass/failcriteria
- Communicate technical matters, schedule considerations, deliverables, and needs
- Manage and streamline customer onboarding from the perspective of laboratory testing
- BS in EE or equivalent experience
- 3-7 years experience in electrical engineering roles
- Clear and effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of basic software, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience with basic fabrication tools (soldering, hand tools, small power tools, etc.)
- Experience with basic electrical test tools (power supplies, multimeters, battery testers, etc.)
- High attention to detail and self-motivation
- Capable of performing required battery lab tasks
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Familiarity with battery technology and functional parameters
- Battery testing experience on Arbin, Neware, etc. cyclers
- Electrical and/or mechanical CAD proficiency
- Electrical safety and high voltage lab experience
- Running, crimping, and organizing wires and wiring harnesses
- Basic knowledge of python, writing scripts, networking, etc.
What We Offer
- Full-time position, standard hours subject to time zones
- Competitive compensation, equity incentive, and benefits package
- Casual work culture
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth
About Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.