Battery Management System Controls Engineer
About the role
We're looking for a software engineer experienced with building robust numerical codes in firmware and resource-constrained environments.
Zitara's software spans cutting edge battery science, high performance data infrastructure, complex modeling and learning systems, and safety critical onboard firmware. We're looking for an embedded software engineer who can work in a broad, multidisciplinary environment.
In this role, you will work closely with our controls engineers to adapt algorithms for managing the state and health of battery systems in resource constrained environments. You will collaborate with our team of embedded software engineers to ensure these algorithms can recover from upsets, detect anomalies, and operate reliably in the field.
- Work with our battery scientists and controls engineers to adapt high-level estimation and control algorithms to resource constrained embedded environments.
- Write robust, well-tested control logic and numerical codes in C.
- Implement quality processes using MIL, SIL, and HIL tooling.
- Help analyze failure modes, identify detection and mitigation strategies, and write software to implement these strategies.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related engineering discipline.
- Experience with real-time or software real-time control systems.
- 3-5 years experience writing production quality C / C++ in low resource or high-performance environments.
- Basic software development workflow processes with git.
- Experience with project management and agile development.
- Clear and effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving with limited resources and engineering constraints.
- Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Prior experience writing firmware for battery management systems.
- Experience with safety critical systems and certification (e.g. automotive, medical devices, avionics, etc.).
- Experience with designing fault detection and fault tolerant systems.
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working from our office in San Francisco, CA or remotely.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, Dental, and Vision care for you and your family.
- A 401k savings plan.
- “Unlimited PTO” vacation policy.
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth.
About Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.