Field Applications Engineer - Battery Design & Management
Field Applications Engineer
About the role
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP to run on batteries by 2035. We’ll need to electrify entire core infrastructures, decarbonizing transportation and energy generation writ large.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds battery design and management software for transportation and energy companies with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations. Zitara recently closed a $12M Series A.
We are looking for a field applications engineer who will ensure the successful integration of Zitara’s battery design and management software in customer applications.
This person will act as a bridge between customers and internal teams: they will manage and nurture the customer relationship, develop technical solutions for customers, and aid in product design and development as a customer advocate within Zitara. The field applications engineer must combine robust technical skills with strong emotional intelligence to help customers achieve their goals while strengthening their relationship with Zitara.
The ideal candidate will have technical experience with battery systems, though candidates without battery experience who have strong backgrounds in field applications engineering or in energy-related disciplines may also be considered for the role. Programming experience is helpful but not required for the role.
- Manage customer relationships with Zitara, serving as a primary point of contact from the end of the sales phase and into active technical engagements.
- Develop a thorough technical understanding of specific customer applications.
- Coordinate with internal teams to ensure products and services are delivered to customers in tune and on time.
- Guide and mentor customers as they adopt Zitara products, helping them maximize the value of Zitara software when integrated in their applications.
- Provide direct technical support to customers when they encounter difficulty.
- Create technical solutions for customers, such as data analyses, sample code, or technical documentation.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of customer needs across the industry, and drive Zitara product development by identifying product gaps and advocating on behalf of our customers internally.
- Directly participate in Zitara’s product planning and development process.
- Bachelors' degree in technical subject or equivalent proficiency.
- Three years of technical experience with energy systems, such as:
- Power electronics.
- Renewable energy.
- Mobility / automotive / aerospace.
- Industrial equipment / robotics.
- Clear and effective communication abilities.
- High attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to meet customers in-person.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Previous experience in a FAE role or similar.
- Technical experience with lithium ion battery systems strongly preferred, such as:
- Battery-related applications engineering.
- Battery hardware or software engineering.
- Battery management systems.
- Battery fuel gauge or algorithms.
- Battery cell research and development.
- Comfortable programming in Python and/or C.
What We Offer
- A full-time position, working from our office in San Francisco or remotely.
- Competitive pay.
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family.
- A 401k savings plan.
- “Unlimited PTO” vacation policy.
- Excellent colleagues that are interested in your happiness and growth.
About Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.