Director, Business Intelligence and Lifecycle Management
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr. Director, Business Operations & Strategy
What You Will Be Doing
Are you a highly analytical, strategic thinker? Are you a collaborative, cross-functional business leader? Do you like fast-paced high-growth, dynamic business environments? Do you enjoy driving strategic business decisions based on insights from business and market data? Do you want to do that at a mission-driven company that is transforming transportation by enabling everyone to drive electric?
The Business Operations & Strategy team crafts data-driven strategies to maximize ChargePoint’s solution value across our customer segments. The team ensures ChargePoint has the right solutions, at the right price, and right go-to-market strategy to win in all segments, augmenting the ChargePoint product portfolio with innovative approaches to pricing, business models and strategic partnerships.
Within that team, the Business Intelligence and Lifecycle team drives decision making with internal and external business data. The team is responsible for planning our business, setting business objectives, tracking key results, and optimizing margins of products in market through pricing and ASP management. The team also oversees new product introductions and transitions.
As Director for Business Intelligence and Lifecycle, you will build ChargePoint’s business intelligence and lifecycle management capability from the ground up. You will own the operating business cadence and enable the leadership of the North American Region to manage the business through objectives and key results, business reporting, and product lifecycle management. To be successful in this role you will need to collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders in sales, marketing, finance and product management.
In this role, you will individually and through your team:
- Champion and facilitate management of the North American region through Objectives and Key Results
- Collaborate with Sales Operations on developing standardized reports, dashboards, and data sources to monitor overall business health and performance indicators.
- Develop framework and processes for business planning for the North American region to inform ChargePoint's global planning activities
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative sales and customer research to develop pricing, discounting, and promotion strategies and influence monetization decisions.
- Work with Finance to monitor impacts of pricing, discounting and promotional activities on overall billings and margin performance.
- Collect and disseminate competitive intelligence with actionable insights to stakeholders throughout the company.
- Define framework to manage product launches and transitions, ensuring business continuity across product lifecycles.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, in business operations, revenue operations, strategy/management consulting
- Experience building and/or leading a team comprised of managers and analysts, including the formulation of new processes and ways of working.
- Experience with managing high growth SaaS software businesses, attached to hardware is a plus.
- Experience leading a data driven approach to decision-making.
- Experience working in less mature business application and data management environments to define core metrics and establishing new processes data requirements to measure those metrics.
- Experience analyzing large data sets; strong Excel, Tableau, and other equivalent data analysis and financial modeling ability within a business context.
- Experience in shaping pricing and recommending pricing actions, including deals desk, discount management, formulating promotions, price elasticity analysis, and margin analysis
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $132,750 to $244,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.