Business Operations & Strategy Analyst
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr. Director, Business Operations & Strategy
Are you a highly analytical, strategic thinker? Are you a collaborative, cross-functional team player? Do you like fast-paced high-growth, dynamic business environments? Do you aspire to drive strategic business decisions based on insights from business and market data? Do you want to do that at a mission-driven company that is transforming transportation by enabling everyone to drive electric?
The Business Operations & Strategy team crafts data-driven strategies to maximize ChargePoint’s solution value across our customer segments. The team ensures ChargePoint has the right solutions, at the right price, and right go-to-market strategy to win in all segments, augmenting the ChargePoint product portfolio with innovative approaches to pricing, business models and strategic partnerships. Within that team, the Business Intelligence and Lifecycle team drives decision making with internal and external business data. The team is responsible for forecasting and planning our business, setting business goals, tracking key results, and optimizing margins of products in the market through pricing and ASP management. The team also oversees new product introductions and transitions.
As a Business Operations Analyst at ChargePoint, you will play a pivotal role in driving excellent business performance and supporting overall business strategy for the North American Region. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather, analyze, and interpret financial, business, and competitive, data to make informed business decisions. Your insights will directly impact go-to-market decisions, business performance, and long-term goals. This role offers the chance to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment and contribute to sustainable electric mobility.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and analyze reports and dashboards to monitor business performance metrics and market trends.
- Gather and analyze market data, sales and business performance metrics, and customer behavior to provide data-driven insights that inform strategic decision-making.
- Support the development of sales forecasts, budgets, and targets, contributing to revenue growth and market share goals.
- Stay current on industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging market opportunities to provide proactive recommendations.
- Support ChargePoint’s North America Go-To-Market leadership to identify risks and opportunities in our business and drive strategic initiatives.
- Provide data analysis support for development of pricing strategies, product positioning, and market expansion opportunities based on competitive analysis and customer insights.
- Bachelor's degree in business, Finance, Economics, Operations, Data Science, or related field; master's degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in business operations, revenue operations, data analysis, management consulting, or a related analytical role within a go-to-market organization.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as Excel, Tableau, Power BI, or similar platforms.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce) and data visualization tools to extract and analyze sales data.
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to turn complex data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with strong collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in a high growth SaaS (Software as a Service) software business, attached to hardware is a plus.
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $63,000 to $145,750. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.