With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Service Automation & Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
The Manager, Deployment will lead a team of Deployment Engineers in deploying Electric Vehicle charging stations in a world-class fashion to deliver an exceptional introduction, initial configuration, and education of best practices for new and returning private station owners. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of inbound and back-office based customer services that require a balance of client relations, technical acumen, understanding of specific use cases, and education on best practices. The Manager, Deployment will be responsible for traditional managerial responsibilities (performance coaching and monitoring, scheduling, attendance, handling escalated cases) as well as reporting weekly and monthly performance and business needs to Management in support of set KPI objectives. The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership skills, a customer-centric approach, the ability to flexibly change and assess needs of team, and willingness to find and communicate to management needs of business to make the customer experience truly world-class.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
10+ years of experience
- Collaborates with leadership and direct reports to execute and maintain goals and objectives set
- Provide timely guidance, encouragement, and coaching to direct reports to help strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to achieve highest performance
- Responsible for developing and administering training plans to support deployment Services needs based on reporting metrics and relative special projects
- Responsible to escalated cases and interacts with various groups, including Sales Operations, outside Sales team, Owner Support, Field Services, and Program Management to resolve
- Plan, communicate, delegate, and monitor work assignments concerning direct reports
- Communicates process enhancements and new program elements to direct reports
- Conduct Supervisory level reviews to address performance trends and identify potential systemic issues or shortcomings impacting customer experience
- Review, maintain, and delegate cases that need follow up
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly status reporting for management to develop and put processes in place that will ensure SLA’s are met
Skills and Knowledge Qualifications
- Self-starter with effective inter-personal, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to clearly plan, communicate, drive, and maintain training and process needs
- Proficient knowledge of normal office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Able to manage and maintain multiple tasks and priorities and work within short timelines
- Ability to assess priorities to effectively handle escalated situations
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Ability to communicate timely (verbal and written), effectively, and clearly with multiple audiences (e.g. Management, Peers, Business Partners, and direct reports) is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal/communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Position requires use of headset/microphone
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.