With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr. Director, Segments & Channel
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking a Commercial Sales Trainer to lead sales training programs for internal sales employees and channel partners. The Sales Trainer develops the sales training strategy and delivers instructor-led training sessions and on-demand courses to achieve sales goals. The Sales Trainer will inspire sales teams to develop their skills, deepen their product knowledge, and engage in continual learning.
This position will leverage strong facilitation and instructional design skills to manage, design, develop, deliver, and evaluate learning experiences and materials. This position is responsible for facilitating and delivering training to internal sales employees and channel partners on ChargePoint products and solutions.
If you are an enthusiastic and dynamic communicator, this is the role for you. You will define the charter, set targets, partner across the organization, clearly prioritize workloads, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive initiatives to completion. To succeed in this role, you must develop strong working relationships and interactions with Product, Sales, Product Marketing and GTM teams within ChargePoint.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Create, build and manage educational programs and training courses for sales representatives and channel partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to assess sales training needs for salespeople and sales leaders; work with stakeholders to create and improve the sales training program.
- Design assessments to measure the effectiveness of Sales training and learner performance.
- Provide training programs that align with Channel sales goals and support learning objectives.
- Collaborate with the Channel organization in developing a certification program for Channel salespeople.
- Present training materials using a variety of instructional techniques, such as role-playing, simulations, team exercises, presentations, videos, podcasts and other creative techniques
- Ensure all training materials are consistent, up-to-date, and aligned with products and larger organizational initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with sales leadership, marketing, product, and channel teams to align training goals.
- Track training data, report on metrics, and provide feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Summarize and share data through regular reports and presentations to the sales leadership team
- Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly training programs to keep sales learning.
- Create and maintain the annual Channel training calendar.
- 5+ years of experience in sales and customer-facing training and development
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, education, or a related field
- Proven track record of designing, implementing, and managing successful training programs
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven experience developing an entire training cycle (assess needs, plan, design, coordinate, facilitate, monitor and evaluate).
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation abilities, as well as a talent for fostering strong interpersonal relations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Full-time, on-site position in Campbell, CA
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $63,000 to $131,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.