Technical Support Engineer
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Technical Support
What You Will Be Doing
Technical Support Engineers will provide technical and network problem resolution to end-users by diagnosing issues and engineering solutions for specific and general use cases. Solutions include, but are not limited to adjusting network configurations, verifying and applying proper software configurations, working with field technicians to troubleshoot and correct physical installation issues, and compiling, pulling, and parsing various station and network logs, and as needed, working with the product and engineering teams on major customer issues. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Tenacious commitment to customer focused support
- Comfort with making complex decisions and excited by "thinking outside the box"
- The ability to read and understand site drawings, field repair guides and product specifications
- Must have exceptional troubleshooting and advanced analytical thinking skills for complex issue resolution between hardware/software components
- Ability to accurately convey complex concepts in easily digestible communications both verbally and in writing
- Proven experience in driving initiatives, cross-functional collaborations, and holding others accountable to expectations
- Create test plans, test cases, and other documents based on software expectations and specifications.
- Account management skills including investigating and understanding current and historical issues for specific accounts
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Ability to work effectively and complete tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Open communicator, ability to give and receive actionable feedback
- Proactively identify areas of product improvement including design enhancements, failure analysis, and quality control
- Focuses and guides self in accomplishing work objectives
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivation
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Technical Support Engineer, providing phone support for complex hardware or software solutions.
- Working experience, certifications, or bachelor’s degree in technical field
- Strong communication, interpersonal, motivational, and organizational skills.
- Willing to work in night shift
- Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, M2M communications, etc.)
- Cloud based management platform and application support.
- Documentation and creating knowledge articles
- Capture serviceability and supportability requirements to improve support deliver to customers.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to work with hardware and software engineering on problem resolution.
- CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Jira or other bug management tools
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, networking or similar technologies is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.