Midwest Public Sector Account Executive
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Director, E-Bus
What You Will Be Doing
The primary purpose of the Southwest Public Sector Account Executive (AE) is to developing relationships and managing opportunites for all public sector accounts to exceed the assigned revenue quota. The AE will cover all of the Texas. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Identify and close public sector sales that align with corporate revenue goals.
- Provide input to ChargePoint leadership regarding important market opportunities based on territory customer demands and needs. Continually communicate market trends and shifts which affect the approach to building the public sector business.
- Develop sales strategies leveraging various incentive programs within the territory for the team to execute.
- Perform sales presentations and demonstrations to customers and prospects.
- Travel as needed to develop and maintain relationships with key customer contacts; present, articulate/clarify value and differentiation, and win the business in expected timeframe.
- Focus the team to partner with field reseller partners and/or service partners to develop sales opportunities and to support sales and implementation activities.
- Develop territory strategy, including channel leverage and internal resource requirements, for the team’s success.
- Identify and assist in responding to key RFPs.
- Identify and leverage cooperative contract agreements to shorten sales cycles.
- Create a firm foundation for the public sector team to enable our brand in this and other markets to flourish, a foundation on which future regional associates could continue to grow this and other public sector markets.
- Work to engage local account managers in public sector by identifying and attending targeted key professional networking events to support the development of the government market.
- Accurately forecast revenue and manage sales pipeline for territory.
- Develop a strong technical baseline through training and development milestones.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Has public sector expertise and contacts, and loves to close the bridge between industry and technology
- Loves to work in a team environment
- Experience with Salesforce
- 10+ years sales management experience with track record of success in sales, management, and leadership
- Expertise and intricate knowledge of the public sector industry - fleet or EV industry preferred.
- Extensive established network in the public sector with solid reputation as a key player.
- Knowledge and experience with RFPs and cooperative contracts.
- Experienced in presenting to all levels of management and a variety of key audiences.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, strong execution capability.
- Able to work independently.
- University degree in business/marketing or equivalent.
- US Remote or Upper MidWest
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $58,500 to $135,000. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.