Release and UAT Manager - Digital Support Enablement & CX
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director – Support System & Tools Integration / Project Manger – Digital Support Enablement & CX
What You Will Be Doing
· UAT Planning and Coordination: Collaborate closely with project managers to plan, document, and coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) activities across multiple lines of business for each release.
· Scope Definition: Work alongside product managers and business teams to define UAT scope, update relevant UAT scripts, and establish entry and exit criteria.
· Defect Tracking: Monitor UAT progress, track known defects, and report on defect status, ensuring effective communication between development, testing, and business teams.
· Defect Prioritization: Collaborate with business teams and product managers to prioritize defects based on impact, driving prompt closure and maintaining product quality.
· Training and Support: Assist in organizing training sessions for end-users on new features, addressing their queries, and providing comprehensive support.
· Regression Testing: Collaborate with project managers to plan and manage schedules for regression testing during every release, ensuring thorough coverage of use cases.
· Automation Validation: Work with product managers and business teams to validate automated regression scripts, ensuring their accuracy and relevance.
· Reporting and Documentation: Create and maintain a robust system for reporting and tracking defects throughout the software development lifecycle, including production and warranty stages.
· Hot Fixes and Releases: Collaborate with the project manager to schedule and coordinate hot fixes, ensuring efficient resolution of critical issues.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
· Experience: Experience in software testing, UAT coordination, and release management, demonstrating a strong understanding of testing methodologies and processes.
· Quality Focus: A commitment to maintaining and enhancing the quality of software releases through meticulous testing and defect resolution.
· Technical Proficiency: Proficiency in using testing and project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and other relevant tools.
· Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
· Detail-Oriented: Strong attention to detail to manage multiple UAT activities concurrently and maintain accurate defect tracking.
· Problem-Solving: Solid problem-solving skills to prioritize defects based on impact and drive timely resolution.
· Documentation: Experience in creating and maintaining comprehensive testing documentation.
· Team Collaboration: Ability to work harmoniously with project managers, product managers, business teams, and development teams.
· Adaptability: Willingness to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities and requirements.
· Regression Testing: Knowledge of automated regression testing tools and practices to ensure comprehensive coverage.
· Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage UAT timelines, regression testing schedules, and defect tracking.
- · Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- · Proficiency in using testing and project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- · Excellent organizational, communication, and collaboration skills.
- · 5-6 years of experience in software testing, UAT coordination, and release management.
- · Strong understanding of software development methodologies and testing processes.
- · Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple UAT activities simultaneously.
- · Ability to prioritize defects based on impact and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- · Knowledge of automated regression testing tools and practices.
- · Adaptability and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.