IT Service Desk Engineer-Night Shifts
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Reports To: IT Service Desk Lead
- Perform on-site & remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of simple to complex system
problems for end users. Recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed. This position is primarily concerned with supporting end users in other regions of the world.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user peripheral devices/printers.
- Collaborate with the IT Operations team members to ensure the efficient operation of the organization's computing environment.
- Where required, administer, and resolve issues with associated end-user
workstations and networking issues.
- Receive and respond to incoming service requests regarding system problems. Help manage a unified Support ticketing queue for offices around the world using Jira and Confluence.
- If necessary, coordinate with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues related to Microsoft 365/Outlook and other Exchange clients.
- Assist in troubleshooting application usage issues with OneDrive, SharePoint, Zoom, Slack, MS Teams, Salesforce, Netsuite, Coupa, and other SaaS applications.
- Set up and administration of new hires & onboarding such as new system deployments, desk setups, and new user account creations for respective applications.
- Administration of end users and devices via MS Intune and MS AutoPilot. Assist IT Operations and InfoSec groups in testing and deploying various end-user platforms.
- Be the face of IT to our coworkers around the world.
- Commitment to customer service and IT support.
- Confident in making decisions and driving issues to resolution.
- Strong and resourceful troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to accurately convey technical information in English, both orally and in writing, to non-technical audiences.
- Patience and empathy when dealing with customers who may be frustrated or inexperienced with technology.
- Ability to appropriately manage multiple processes to achieve a required goal.
- Intelligently prioritize items competing for attention and be self-driven in accomplishing work objectives and tasks.
- Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem-solving skills, and applying technical knowledge to address support issues.
- Works effectively with all team members to drive common initiatives and goals.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for completing assignments or tasks.
- Ability to manage projects, tasks, and daily IT functions.
- Able to work effectively remotely or in the office.
- Flexible to work in night shift.
- The ability to work in shift rota from 06:00 PM – 06:00 AM
- Proficient in supporting MS Windows, MacOS, and SaaS applications.
- Advanced experience supporting MS Office 365 and Office Suite.
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Intune, Azure, and Auto Pilot.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, and Okta.
- Knowledge of Endpoint Detection and Response Tools such as Crowd strike.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management technologies.
- Experience with asset tracking management tools.
- Advanced experience in supporting and troubleshooting SharePoint/OneDrive.
- Extensive knowledge of system encryption and decryption.
- 3-5 years of experience in enterprise-level IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or a similar field/training is preferred but demonstrated technical ability is required.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.