With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is in the midst of a tipping point and becoming reality. ChargePoint is at the center of the e-mobility revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. Whether it's to ride, driver or deliver on electric fuel, we bring together people, vehicle fleets, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by more than half a billion dollars in funding from investors, including Quantum Energy Partners, GIC, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, Daimler, Siemens, Linse Capital, American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Rho Capital Partners, BMW i Ventures and Braemar Energy Ventures, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and shaping a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that built the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Director, Customer Deployment
What You Will Be Doing
Reporting to the Director of Customer Deployment, this position requires an Electrical Engineering Degree from an Accredited Academic Institution and a strong familiarity with the technical aspects of the components of a site including; balance of plant or system, electric vehicle supply equipment, and technology used in different types of field projects. The Site Engineer will be an excellent communicator and problem-solver and able to manage crises when they arise. The role requires frequent travel to various project sites, taking measurements, aggregating data, interpreting results, and designing solutions during any phase of the project lifecycle. Additionally, the Site Engineer will be required to instruct and manage qualified workers to perform similar tasks as needed.
- Primary focus: onsite and remote commissioning and field remediation – including project management
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to Balance of Plant or Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment using sound engineering principles
- Perform work functions with minimal engineering support
- Correctly categorize site problems and determine sources of issues as site build, design, product quality, or engineering and escalate according to measurements
- Report project status and escalations regularly to stakeholders and initiate prompt and appropriate corrective actions
- Cleary identify and document pass/fail criteria for solutions and contingencies prior to implementation
- Perform the aggregation and review of field quality data with cross-functional teams
- Ensure reliable and uniform quality deployment of all fleet Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Solutions
- Ensure Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment solution compliance to applicable code, practices, policies, and performance standards
- Aggregate project lessons learned and ensure their application for future refinements across organization for planning, commissioning guidance and field remediation
- Perform quality assurance and control tasks during commissioning
- Install, test, and verify new systems and technology including technical improvements
- Supervise and direct onsite crew
- Communicate with clients to determine needs and explain complex issues
- Draft and submit detailed technical reports
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an Accredited Institution
- Minimum of 5-7 years of troubleshooting and commissioning electrical systems (PV inverter / balance of system or plant preferred)
- Strong proficiency using electrical test equipment including Digital Multi-meter, 3-phase power quality analyzer, insulation tester, and site signal (cellular/WiFi) qualification tool
- Proven track record in managing multiple projects concurrently and ability to provide remote support to other site engineer team members
- Ability to identify and define issues related to software and firmware performance
- Working knowledge of Electrical and Safety Standards
- Proficiency in Electrical System Communication and Controls
- Ability to manage multiple sites and projects concurrently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (25 kilograms) and stand for extended periods of time onsite
- Travel to various sites on an as needed basis
Remote Tennessee/Ohio Areas
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $45,000 to $84,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact. #LI-BQ1