Project Estimator - EV Charger Installations
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Director, Project Development
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is the leading electric vehicle (EV) charging network, providing convenient and reliable charging solutions worldwide. We seek a highly motivated and detail-oriented Project Estimator to join our dynamic team. As a Project Estimator at ChargePoint, you will be crucial in estimating construction costs for EV charger installations, ensuring accurate and efficient project planning.
As a Project Estimator, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of Estimates, ROMs, and Budgets. You will see the lifecycle of EV charger deployments, ensuring our charging infrastructure's successful implementation and operation on Budget. In this role, you will be part of the Global Fleet Team, reporting to the Manager of Project Development at ChargePoint, supporting the North American and European markets.
Your responsibility to estimate infrastructure costs which encompass electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE). A key responsibility is performing detailed site estimates and developing budgets based on the electrical drawings with recommendations for the customers to deploy electric vehicle charging infrastructure that minimizes risk and up-front costs while ensuring scalability. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to advancing sustainable transportation and shape the future of EV charging technology.
- Collaborate with the sales and engineering teams to review project requirements and specifications.
- Conduct thorough site assessments and evaluations to gather relevant information for cost estimation.
- Analyze architectural drawings, electrical plans, and engineering documents to determine the scope of work.
- Prepare detailed quantity take-offs, material lists, and labor requirements for each project.
- Utilize industry-standard cost-estimating software and tools to generate accurate project estimates.
- Research and analyze market rates, vendor quotes, and historical cost data to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain competitive pricing and bids.
- Identify potential risks, challenges, and opportunities in each project and communicate them to the team.
- Regularly update and maintain a comprehensive cost database to support accurate and efficient estimations.
- Participate in project review meetings to provide cost-related insights and recommendations.
- Provide Valued Engineering feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 8+ years of a experience as a estimator.
- Proven experience as a Project Estimator in the construction industry, preferably with a focus on electrical installations.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, materials, and cost-estimating principles.
- Proficient in using industry-standard cost-estimating software and tools.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings.
- Familiarity with electrical codes and regulations related to EV charger installations is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel to project sites, as needed, up to 25% of the time.
- Greenville, SC.
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $47,250 to $113,250. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.