Senior Embedded Software QA Engineer
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr. Director, Commercial Cloud
What You Will Be Doing
As a Sr. Embedded Software QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of one or more applications or services within the Salesforce platform and will be an intricate part of a solution development and project team. You must have a balanced mix of technical and business skills and will work with the Sales and Marketing business units and project team on creating a streamlined strategic plan.
- Serve as a functional and technical leader for Salesforce sales projects with more focus on Products, Pricing & CPQ
- Translate business requirements into well written user stories and well architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility, functionality, and fit for a client’s specific business needs
- Define business outcomes and success criteria
- Engage with stakeholders, project management, product owner, SMEs, and our internal delivery team to design and deliver the best possible solution
- Provide thought leadership on improving sales operations through the use of Salesforce
- Perform fit-gap analysis between business requirements and Salesforce capabilities
- Create solution design documents including ERDs, user stories and process flows
- Handle multiple, simultaneous global clients
- Be driven by customer success with a roll up your sleeves, solution oriented, and team player attitude.
- Act as a hands-on end to end solution lead to oversee Salesforce solution and identify cross-functional process and design gaps
- Facilitate discovery and working sessions, managing the participants and agenda to drive understanding of business needs and pain points
- Provide technical support in sales calls, solution presentations, and assist with sizing requirements
- Build strong customer relationships and become a trusted advisor
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Experience with sales functions specially around quoting and including processes for lead, oppty, account and contact management
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and integrate business processes across disparate systems
- Experience writing user stories to capture Salesforce requirements
- Experience in agile approaches to project management
- Experience with data migrations from third-party systems to Salesforce
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- BS Computer Science or similar
- 8+ years of Salesforce CRM industry experience
- Salesforce Administrative Certification and Salesforce CPQ Certification is required (Salesforce Administrator • Salesforce CPQ Specialist or Revenue Cloud Accredited Professional)
- Salesforce Sales Cloud (Preferred)
- Platform Developer I (Preferred)
- Software consulting experience, particularly working on medium to large, enterprise projects
- Advanced experience with Salesforce.com configuration and custom development
- Product Selection, Bundling and Configuration Rules, Pricing and Discounting, Quote Output Generation, Contracting Process, Multi Currency – especially hardware/software/subscription product bundles
- Proficiency in administrative tasks such as managing permissions, page layouts, templates, approvals, workflow, products, price books, reports, and dashboards
- Working experience in a company with 2/3 tier partner led GTM model and with a product portfolio which includes hardware, software, subscriptions and services
- Expert understanding of the core Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, CPQ, Experience/Community Cloud)
- Must have strong experience in Salesforce CPQ processes and operations.
- Salesforce Billings is a plus.
- Must have a complete understanding of data models and product/pricing master data management
- Salesforce Sales Cloud and CPQ certifications
- Campbell, CA, but open to 100% Remote
Campbell, CA or Remote
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $70,000 to $151,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.