API Support Engineer
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Title: API Support Engineer
Reports to: Director, Software Product Management, B2B and B2C.
Location: Netherlands, UK, or Germany offices (remote working is available)
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is seeking a detail-oriented API Support Engineer to work with our strategic software partners to build applications that leverage our technology in industry changing ways. The API Support Engineer will work directly with Product Management and Engineering to drive the direction of our products in order to support these key initiatives. The API Support Engineer will be responsible for building relationships with third party developers, creating application examples using ChargePoint APIs and tools, provide technical content and expertise for white papers, product documentation, and training material, and solve difficult technical integration problems. ChargePoint has a wide variety of partners and customers in this fast-paced industry, and the API Support Engineer will work with Utilities, Fleets, Navigation Providers and other data partners. Internally, you will be collaborating with the Sales, Solutions Engineering, and Product Management teams to help support our API customers.
- Assist customers in onboarding and integrating with our API platform and serve as a liaison between customers and our engineering team.
- Develop technical content and application examples using ChargePoint technology and third-party systems
- Lead technical discussions with ChargePoint engineering and partner engineering staff members to enable integrations with partners and customers
- Lead the maintenance of day-to-day operations of various applications and work with the engineering team to ensure technical issues are resolved on time to meet customer schedules and
- program commitments. Writes and performs tests for applications, fixes problems as they arise, and assists with partner launches
- Writes technical documentation and works with the technical documentation team.
- Assists with managing vendor relationships including scoping of application services, RFP reviews and review of deliverables
- Provide developer support for API integration projects in all areas of the platform
What will you bring to ChargePoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is a plus
- Experience of engaging with customers to onboard or manage issues
- 2+ years of experience writing code as some part of your job
- Proficiency with common programming languages such as Java, C++, Python, Objective-C etc.
- Solid knowledge of API standards and protocols such as SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, etc.
- Linux command line experience
- Passion for solving tough problems
- Travel 10-25% of your time for face-to-face meetings with partners and customers
- Experience in the electric vehicle space is a plus
Netherlands, UK, or Germany offices (remote working is available)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.