Principal System Software Engineer
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Embedded Software
What You Will Be Doing
We are searching for an experienced senior software architect to lead the company's next generation AC EV Charging Embedded Software. As the senior architect in the designated role of Principal System Software Engineer, you will mentor other Architects, interpret client briefs, product/feature requirements, and review certifications, regulatory and designs around AC EV charging technologies. You should have strong leadership skills, extensive knowledge of Linux Operating System, modern C++ (11/14/17) and embedded systems/designs.
To be successful as a senior architect, you should display great interpersonal skills and be able to relay important information. An outstanding Senior Architect should also be open to criticism and learning opportunities.
- Collaborating with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Using tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Developing high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Reviewing and designing architectural and engineering plans.
- Ensuring all plans are compliant with regulatory and safety regulations around EV AC Charging technologies.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge of various engineering solutions around EV AC Charging with competitors within market
- Monitoring the work of other Architects and making recommendations or scheduling workshops/discussions as required.
- Providing guidance to external contractors and other functional teams like third party software developers, cloud team members, and mobile app team members, and helping them interpret design specifications.
- Liaising with clients (internal and external) to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
- Ensuring the team works together to achieve set goals and targets.
- Acting as a mentor to new Architects and helping them fine-tune their design skills and improve their industry knowledge.
- Networking and consulting with various industry professionals.
Requirements and skills:
- 18+ years’ experience as Individual Contributor around software implementation/design.
- 6+ years’ experience as architect with complex system/application design around Linux operating systems
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Computer or Electrical engineering.
- Proven experience as software architect
- Experience in embedded software development
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Linux Kernel and Application development
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
- Excellent coding skills with modern C++11/14/17
- Participating and contributing to Linux Open-Source Community is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of network connectivity with BLE, WiFi, 4G Modem and authorization with RFID interfaces over Linux OS is highly preferred.
- Knowledge around virtualization and dockers/containerization is highly preferred.
- Working with EV / EVSE products is a big plus.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.