Senior Engineer - Energy Team
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
What You Will Be Doing
Together with the team you will build next generation of world-class EV technology products in the realm of Energy Management. This field of expertise includes building advanced load management solutions and dynamic optimisation processes, all based on cutting edge technology. We are looking for someone who is adventurous and eager to learn and try out things. Furthermore, your analytical and solution-oriented approach make you an excellent self-starter. Come help make our team better by conducting code reviews, contributing to documentation and improving our development process.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- We work in cross-functional teams, which means you will be in close communication with sales, customer excellence and the management team.
- Customers vary broadly from site & facility managers to EV fleet operators and corporate EV charging infrastructure owners.
- You’ll work on code that’s closest to the business. This includes building and maintaining real-time Energy Management solutions, providing a dynamic and real-time solution that maximizes efficiency of EV charging.
- You’ll work on fashioning visualization and notification systems that let us make the users’ experience efficient and seamless.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced environment, developing the product from minimum viability to world-scale maturity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- At least 5 years of industry experience, preferably in e-mobility
- Experience with a JVM language, preferably Kotlin but Java or even Scala are fine too
- Experience with either Spring Boot or Kafka (Kafka Streams)
- Familiarity with web services (REST, gRPC, WS), distributed systems, micro services and domain-driven and event-driven design
- AWS or any other cloud dev experience is important
- Experience with Go, Typescript or Python is a plus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, NoSQL, GraphQL or Prometheus are a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.