Senior Manager, Hardware Engineering - Low Voltage Platforms
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr. Director of HW Engineering, Low Voltage Platforms
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide strategic technical direction to the team as they create leading products and services for the EV charging market.
- Grow the global hardware engineering team to support ChargePoint’s expanding new product development efforts.
- Mentor team members as they navigate their technical and career growth paths.
- Implement and enforce processes/design practices that enables the LV HW engineering team to scale in size without sacrificing efficiency or quality.
- Assist in architecture, design, and development of PCBAs for various PCBAs used in ChargePoint’s consumer and commercial EV Chargers.
- Lead a team that works cross-functionally to resolve early (architectural) and late (regulatory and test) dependencies of LV HW Engineering team.
- Experience in leading a team that designs variety of low voltage and high voltage boards.
- Establish internal test standards and methods for all aspects of PCBAs, etc.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Broad knowledge of various network communications platforms (wired & wireless), user interfaces and sensor/control systems.
- Ability to provide technical leadership as well as be a sounding board for team members generating new ideas and concepts.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and leading product development.
- Familiarity with AC/DC power systems.
- 10+ years of experience developing electronic products with emphasis on industrial applications.
- 5+ years’ experience in technical management.
- Proven track record managing and growing a talented global team with varied technical backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering or related discipline
- A successful record developing complex products placed into production.
- Experience with AC systems (240VAC).
- Current knowledge of industry standards for consumer and industrial products.
- Knowledge of EV charging standards a plus.
- Must be able to travel globally.
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $115,000 to $235,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.