Office Coordinator (Citymapper)
At Citymapper by Via, we’re on a mission to help make complex cities more accessible to everyday users. Our application transports millions of people in hundreds of cities around the world by giving them access to the most current and sophisticated transportation options available. We make getting around your favourite city easy, so that you can enjoy the ride.
As the Office Coordinator for Citymapper and Via’s joint London headquarters, you’ll oversee the day-to-day operations of our London office, playing an important role in creating an exceptional environment for our growing team. As a key part of our People Operations team, you’ll be responsible for maintaining best practices to keep our office running smoothly. You’ll have the opportunity to assist with special projects, working closely with IT, Employee Experience, and many more!
This is a part-time role (20 to 25 hours per week) with schedule flexibility within a standard 9-5 working week. The role is based on-site in our London office in Holborn.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the daily logistics, vendors, and operational needs of our London office
- Proactively develop and execute creative and solutions to keep things running efficiently
- Maintain best practices for health and safety guidelines
- Provide support for visitors and guests to our office to ensure all employees and guests have an excellent experience on site
- Be our local “go-to” expert for all office questions
- Manage office expenses and reports
- Assist with planning and executing local employee experience initiatives like happy hours, volunteering opportunities, and moments of joy
Who You Are
- Low-ego. There are no jobs too big or too small for you. Whether it’s rolling up your sleeves and putting out a bagel spread, or negotiating with a critical vendor… you do what needs to be done.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. You pay attention to the little things and take pride in executing flawless processes.
- Trustworthy, honest, and able to work alone without supervision.
- An optimist. You keep a “can-do” mentality, and are eager to take on new challenges with excitement.
- A great communicator with strong interpersonal skills. You enjoy working with others and being part of a team!
- You intuitively understand how to manage your time and prioritize multiple tasks at once
- A problem solver… not just a problem identifier. You proactively come up with creative solutions to problems from ideation to execution.
- You have one or more years of experience in Office Management or Business Operations
What We Offer:
- Pay range: £15-18/hr. Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Comprehensive health scheme offered through AXA
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good:
- We are one of 17 Ventures That Embody the U.N.’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Inc. Magazine’s “Best in Business” Awardee in the software category for Companies That Put Purpose Before Profit two years in a row
- A charming office near Chancery Lane, where you can enjoy weekly team lunches
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.