Strategy & Operations Associate Principal
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Strategy & Operations Associate Principal, you will be instrumental in supporting the daily operations of Via's mobility services across the DACH region. Embedded in the Driver Operations team, you will play a pivotal role in managing and optimizing Via’s driver operations in Germany. Driving continuous improvement, you will collaborate closely with internal teams and external agencies to achieve hiring targets, maintain high driver satisfaction and retention, and ultimately enhance the overall customer experience for our riders.
What You'll Do:
- Take ownership of Via’s driver growth and recruitment for the entire DACH market
- Through data analysis, you will enable driver growth, proactively mitigate churn, and implement retention programs, all the while developing dashboards and navigating various databases
- Work closely with our central supply planning teams to manage and coordinate hiring targets for each one of our services
- Manage staffing agencies towards hiring targets and funnel progress and hold them accountable to meet our goals
- Own internal reporting on funnel progress and diligently manage stakeholders to ensure process efficiency and high conversion rates
- Collaborate cross-functionally with executive leaders and stakeholders on a broad range of operational initiatives from across the organization, including Product, Partner Success, Business Development, and Expansion
- Diligently work with a broad interdisciplinary team to help scale operational processes, systems, and tools to drive rapid growth
Who You Are:
- Fluent in English and German (C1 proficiency or above)
- 3-6 years of work experience
- You enjoy working with data and digging deep to make calculated decisions
- You are great with Excel, and ideally have experience with MySQL (or other database language) or Tableau
- You like to take responsibility and are excited about leading and mentoring more junior team members
- A savvy and tactful communicator, you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people at all levels and from a wide range of backgrounds
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
What We Offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- 30 vacation days a year
- Urban Sports Club membership
- A lovely office situated in the heart of Berlin, at Rosa-Luxemburg Straße
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.