Incident Management Operations Specialist
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As an Incident Management Operations Specialist, you will play a pivotal role upholding and improving the safety of Via’s platform through the investigation and resolution of complex and sensitive incidents. You will uncover insights, identify trends, and provide solutions to ensure our customers are given a world class experience. The ability to exercise strong judgment and critical thinking skills to resolve sensitive incidents is essential to what drives us at Via.
Note: This role follows a shift schedule, from 6am to 2pm EST on weekdays.
What You'll Do:
- Respond to incoming incidents by conducting initial investigation and follow-ups to riders and drivers in line with established company policies and industry regulations
- Take immediate action to ensure safety of Riders and Driver Partners on platform
- Resolve incidents and action findings, demonstrating urgency to provide driver partners status resolutions
- Maintain a steady flow of communication, offering regular updates on investigation progress, expected timelines, and potential resolutions
- Work collaboratively across teams, including Operations and Support, to gather essential information and insights for investigations and resolutions
- Adapt in a dynamic business environment characterized by growth, innovation, and the introduction of new services
Who You Are:
- Thrive in fast-paced environments: able to make sound decisions on the fly, oversee multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize effectively
- Ownership mentality: take full responsibility for maintaining the platform’s safety and standards and providing great service to driver partners, riders and client partners
- Solution-oriented mindset: leverage available resources to propose solutions for complex issues, relying on your judgment and experience for new situations
- Problem-solver: demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and a methodical approach to incidents
- Interpersonal skills: Display a high degree of empathy and patience, particularly when speaking with customers in challenging situations
- Spanish language proficiency
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $15 - $16.50/hr
- We are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including free medical plans and 401K matching.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.