Senior Backend Engineer
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Via, you’ll join our R&D center in TLV. The position is to be part of a backend team, to design, implement, maintain and troubleshoot in a cutting-edge environment.
As a senior engineer it’s expected from you to build an optimized, scalable and innovative design.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for implementing micro-services from design to production.
- Take ownership of development, maintenance, testing strategy, design discussions, and operations.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment.
- Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of new product features / components
- Ensuring application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with a small, cross-functional team on products and features to drive growth.
- Learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies to grow
- Research and suggest new technologies for boosting the product.
- Have an impact on product development by making important technical decisions, influencing the system architecture, development practices and more.
Who You Are:
- BSc in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ backend development experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in Python, C++, Java, or C#
- Solid programming foundations: data-structures, multi-threading, OOP and design patterns
- Proven record of developing and scaling products that are highly available, distributed, and large scale
- Experience in low level performance optimizations, including profiling and memory analysis
- Expertise with cloud platforms: AWS, Kubernetes
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods
- Team Player, great communication skills
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.