Senior iOS Engineer (Citymapper)
At Citymapper by Via, we’re on a mission to help make cities easier to navigate. Our app helps millions of people around the world make the best decision on how they want to travel. Whether it's on foot or by bicycle, above ground or underground, or a combination of modes, our real-time data ensures that users have the most accurate and up-to-date information available.
As a Senior iOS Engineer you'll work with engineers, designers, product managers to shape the underlying technology of our app. You will join a diverse team with a passion for sharing and learning.
What You'll Do:
- Write clean and efficient code for iOS applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Recommend changes and enhancements
- Stay up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify potential problems, writing tests and resolving application bottlenecks.
Who You Are:
We are looking forward to welcoming more people onboard, and the following skills are a big plus (we don't expect all of these!):
- Protocol-oriented programming + Swift generics
- Knowledge of multithreading technologies (e.g. GCD, NSOperation)
- Experience using MVVM or other scalable architecture
- Automation testing
- UICollectionView diffable data sources
Citymapper is an innovative journey planning and transportation technology company that has transformed the way that millions of users navigate their cities. Powered by real-time transport information and best-in-class technology, our app recommends routes across multiple modes of transport, including metros, buses, trams, bikes, scooters, and taxis so users find the most efficient, affordable, and convenient way to reach their destination.
In March 2023, Citymapper was acquired by Via, the leader in TransitTech. The integration of Citymapper into Via’s software platform creates a unified solution for cities, transit agencies, and riders that encourages public transit usage and reduces the need for private vehicles.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Citymapper by Via.
Ready to join the ride?
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?