Advertising Business Development Principal (Citymapper)
At Citymapper by Via we’re on a mission to help make complex cities easy to use. Our app helps millions of people in hundreds of cities around the world by giving them the most up-to-date and complete information on urban transportation options.
As an Advertising Business Development Principal you’ll play a critical role in scaling Citymapper’s advertising business. We have the opportunity to partner directly with tier-one media buyers and you’ll be responsible for building impactful relationships with brands and agencies to grow direct advertising revenue. You’ll become an expert on our advertising proposition, driving commercial and product innovation in collaboration with cross-functional teams. This is a high-visibility role with the opportunity to influence our overall business strategy, as we integrate advertising into a broader portfolio of solutions to support cities and transit agencies.
This role is based in London, with a hybrid work arrangement.
What You'll Do:
- Spearhead the growth of a critical revenue stream by executing on our go-to-market strategy for advertising
- Design and execute sales strategies to grow advertising revenue, in particular through building direct relationships with media buyers, developing a pipeline of campaign opportunities and successfully articulating our product differentiation and value proposition to win campaigns
- Consistently exceed revenue targets while contributing to overall team goals
- Analyse market and customer trends and provide feedback to internal teams to drive advertising revenue opportunities and product innovation that delivers value for users, advertisers, cities and transit agencies
Who You Are:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant commercial or client-facing experience in the advertising industry or other dynamic work environment, such as a high-growth startup
- Demonstrable success managing the end-to-end business development process from sourcing to closing, with a history of exceeding revenue targets
- A team player with excellent communication and presentation skills and a strong ability to work across geographies and teams, including product/tech
- Passionate and relentless about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of outreach and building relationships over time
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple projects at once in a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Organised and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility and operates with urgency
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and excited to accelerate the growth of a new revenue stream
- Experience selling in-app and/or digital out-of-home inventories is a plus
- Fluency in French is a plus
Citymapper is an innovative journey planning and transportation technology company that has transformed the way that millions of users navigate their cities. Powered by real-time transport information and best-in-class technology, our app recommends routes across multiple modes of transport, including metros, buses, trams, bikes, scooters, and taxis so users find the most efficient, affordable, and convenient way to reach their destination.
In March 2023, Citymapper was acquired by Via, the leader in TransitTech. The integration of Citymapper into Via’s software platform creates a unified solution for cities, transit agencies, and riders that encourages public transit usage and reduces the need for private vehicles.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Citymapper by Via.
Ready to join the ride?
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?