Business Development Representative
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Business Development Representative at Via, you will support Via’s growth by generating opportunities for our sales team. You will prospect potential clients and articulate the value of Via’s market-leading on-demand transit solution, while also collaborating closely with other marketing teams to supplement broader lead generation efforts. In this role, you will play an important part in the pursuit of our mission to create equitable and affordable access to public transit in more communities.
What You'll Do:
- Generate new business leads and relationships through outbound cold calls, emails, pre-existing contacts, and research, as well as qualifying inbound leads.
- Become an expert on Via’s on-demand transit SaaS solution, clearly conveying its value proposition and capabilities to prospective clients.
- Partner with the sales team to creatively grow sales pipelines and manage meetings with potential clients.
- Manage your pipeline using our CRM tools and tech stack with an eye towards improving processes for scalability.
- Meet and exceed monthly prospecting goals by consistently staying on top and ahead of KPI’s.
Who You Are:
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, especially in client-facing settings.
- Detail-oriented and thorough, with the ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Hungry to learn; you receive and implement feedback well.
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player.
- Passionate and resilient; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building relationships over time.
- You have interest or experience in sales/business development, market mapping, and creative client outreach.
Compensation and Benefits
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 per year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?