Managing Editor, Strategic Proposals
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Managing Editor of Strategic Proposals at Via, you will work to improve mobility by forging new partnerships with public transit providers through thoughtful, exceptionally-written proposals. Working with Via's executive leadership team and directing a team of Proposal Leads, you will supervise the proposal creation process from initial strategy setting through content creation, proposal submission, and project award. Throughout, you will deploy your deep knowledge of Via's technical and operational strengths as well as your strategic insight and commercial judgment to ensure that each proposal successfully communicates Via's ability to achieve potential partners’ transportation goals. This position will play a leading role in realizing Via’s growth with prospects and partners around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of 2-4 Proposal Leads focused on generating exceptional commercial proposals for potential partners.
- Coordinate with senior leaders from Via’s Partnerships, Expansion, and Finance teams to develop strategies for winning high-stakes, competitive procurements.
- Guide your team's proposal development strategy by deploying your familiarity with Via’s technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Manage multiple competitive procurements in parallel — leveraging your exceptional project management and prioritization skills and constantly looking for opportunities to improve the efficiency of the proposal creation process.
- Oversee the team's knowledge management efforts, including developing subject matter expertise within the team across a wide range of technical and operational topics, as well as the continuous development of our content library and related documentation.
- Seek out and propose process and innovative technology approaches that have the potential to improve the quality of Via's proposals -- including generative AI, automation, and internal coordination.
- Conduct regular data-driven reviews of team performance and competitive dynamics with senior leaders across Via's Executive, Partnerships, and Finance teams.
- Support executive team members during interviews with cities and transit agencies.
Who You Are:
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to key details in a complex project while, at the same time, relating each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- An exceptional writer and communicator with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe you’ve even won awards).
- A proven leader, you have a minimum of 5 years of experience deploying your editorial and management skills to generate successful proposals or publications in a procurement, development, or publishing context.
- A growth-oriented manager, you are eager to invest in the professional development of your team by providing direct mentorship and identifying opportunities for individual team members to build skills and experience.
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility.
- Able to quickly switch gears to coordinate with teams across the company and team members from associate-level to C-suite.
- An academic high-achiever, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that requires regular long-form writing and argumentation (undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred).
- It’s a plus if you have direct experience leading public sector proposals.
- It’s a plus if you have prior experience at a startup, transportation consulting firm, management consulting firm, or in the public sector.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $115,000 - $160,000 per year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?