Grants Associate Principal
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Grants Associate Principal at Via, you will work on our Grants team to connect and intelligently apply for federal, state, local, and private grant opportunities to support and grow Via’s innovative transportation deployments. Working with senior members of the Strategy, Policy, and Partnerships teams, you will leverage your understanding of grant processes and Via’s existing customers to determine: which partner may be best positioned to capitalize on each grant opportunity, how we might best support each grant application, and how best to position the value of our technology in the context of the grant parameters. This role offers a significant opportunity to own the process: from grant digestion to proposal submission and beyond. We’re looking for someone who is motivated, independent, communicative, and able to manage high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Draft, edit, and submit high-quality grant applications that creatively address partners’ transit goals and demonstrate alignment with objectives outlined by the grant administrator. Shepherd these opportunities through their procurement processes to capitalize on available funding.
- Join external partner calls to provide strategic guidance on available grant opportunities, identify the right grant programs for each partner’s strategic transportation initiatives, consider how we might use grants to identify and acquire new partners, and develop a short/long-term funding plan for partners seeking grant opportunities.
- Work closely with our Policy team to process and digest grant opportunities before and after they are released.
- Communicate upcoming and present grant opportunities to the Partnerships and Partners Success teams. Maintain a grasp on what makes a competitive application for each relevant grant program.
- Oversee project management (i.e., initial strategic application guidance, development of competitive and realistic project deliverables) of multiple grants proposals running on concurrent timelines.
- Retain up-to-date knowledge about available transportation grant programs (local, state, federal) and upcoming deadlines to broker effective working relationships with existing and prospective partners.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Via’s existing partnership base within the United States, with the possibility to expand coverage to international opportunities. Skillfully manage subsequent communications with potential partners over the phone and email.
Who You Are:
- An experienced project manager and able to manage multiple high-priority projects at one time in a fast-paced environment.
- A savvy, tactful, and graceful communicator – you intuitively find the right tone in every situation, and enjoy working with others.
- Intellectually curious, reliable, collaborative, and eager to grow in a fast-moving function.
- Passionate about Via’s mission and highly enthusiastic about the opportunity to drive significant growth by winning competitive grants.
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required policy analysis (undergraduate degree and/or advanced degree preferred).
- A minimum of one year of full-time work experience in a dynamic work environment; prior experience at a startup, transportation consulting firm, management consulting firm, or in the public sector is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable.
- Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Something looks off?