Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Product Analytics Manager at Via, you’ll manages a team of Product Analysts who develop and monitor north star metrics that determine the health of our product portfolio across products and critical users. The team’s remit is to provide insights that improve performance, inform decision-making for new investments and works with cross-functional data science teams in other organizations to deliver on broad reaching analyses. Example dashboards the team delivers and maintains are around activation, retention and engagement across our products. This set of metrics should over time become the leading indicator for critical business performance such as revenue growth, retention/churn, expansion etc.
What You’ll Do:
- In partnership with the team, create a clear charter for the team and define roles and responsibilities
- Define the product metrics framework for each of our persona products (rider, driver, operator); define the key north star metrics that will demonstrate our product health, provide deep insights into user behavior hat drives our product & feature investment. Conduct A/B tests as needed to better inform decision-making.
- Identify key priorities and the process by which we will derive metrics - this includes identifying key data pipelines, setting the bar for quality and fidelity and identifying the reliability of each metric
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Data team in TLV that maintains our data systems of record and partner together in developing product metrics
- Identify strategic analytics projects that inform better decision-making and help us deliver better products or even invest in new ones.
- Develop and maintain dashboards that are useful at the analyst level but also at the exec level for business-oriented decision-making
- Develop clear swim lanes between product & partner reporting, partner with other data science teams at Via, establish transparency and swim lanes for smoother operations
Who You Are:
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a team manager, leading 3+ team members.
- Experience in a product company B2B Enterprise SaaS space.
- You are extremely analytical and comfortable with a variety of datasets, format structures and tools.
- You have the ability to zoom into data to understand it deeply and become an expert but also can zoom out to objectively evaluate which metrics matter.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to be calm under pressure
- You take a phased approach to product analytics and paint the vision for where we’re going in an inspiring way while pragmatically working on key deliverables on a quarterly basis.
- You are an empathetic and approachable manager, willing to get into the details and coach the team when needed but are also an active listener who values their teams’ input.
- Education: preferably engineering, statistics, data analytics.
- Experience building out dashboards and metrics frameworks - ability to go end to end from definition to delivery
- Putting on a “data architect” hat as needed to go deep with developers
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.