Senior Backend Software Engineer
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
Via is looking for a talented Senior Full Stack/Backend Software Engineer to join our R&D center in Sofia. As Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will be part of an Engineering team responsible for Via’s production of world-class, highly scalable backend microservices and robust infrastructure to deliver Via's powerful TransitTech platform across the globe. You will also build the cloud-based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time mobility on a mass scale.
What You’ll Do
- Take an active role in shaping Via’s architecture, as well as introduce new technologies and standards.
- Design and implement engineering solutions for our services that allow them to grow and scale.
- Build effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions.
- Build and maintain high performance services responsible for the core logic of Via’s services.
- Work in an agile environment and deliver high-quality code.
Who You Are
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience.
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (Preferred: AWS)
- You are not afraid of multitasking or switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks
- You are a fast learner; you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods
- You are a flexible team player with great communication skills
- You are pragmatic; when you hear about a difficult problem, you are able to simplify it so that you can easily solve it
- You are concise; you get stuff done in a simple, elegant way
- Fluent in Bulgarian and English
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?