Field Chief Data & Analytics Officer
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Field Chief Data & Analytics Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Data & Analytics Officer (CDAO), you will drive internal and external Data Science enablement strategies, implementation plans, and communications. A large focus will be engaging with customers directly and providing material and training for our customer facing teams (Account Executives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Resident Consulting). A strong focus will be on helping customers understand the value of upskilling in analytics and automation as well as how to democratize data in a safe and effective manner.
The successful candidate will have experience and desire to manage a broad range of complex issues as well as stakeholders, with great ability to get things done while gaining cooperation and respect across the organization. You will be able to build solutions as well as show others how to implement analytics to solve challenges of all sizes. You will be an exemplary model of the Alteryx core values of Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Equality, and Empowerment.
Do you love engaging with customers to help them problem formulate, execute analytics, teach data science concepts, excite those new to AI and ML? Can you command the room with C-Level executives and then meet with individual contributors and provide both with valuable understanding of how everyone in the business can leverage analytics in their day-to-day work? This is the core of what this position is all about.
- Build enablement strategy to accelerate data and analytics across all functions.
- Partner with Education, Support and Solution Engineering teams to raise the level of analytic capabilities and provide solutions for most difficult use cases.
- Establish Alteryx Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE) Best Practices.
- Assist on key internal data science projects.
- Create articles, whitepapers and engage with media on digital transformation topic.
- 10+ years of total experience in data and analytics with at least 5+ years of hands-on experience and 3 years of people management experience in a software industry; preferably in data analytics
- Significant experience in working with a broad range of analytics tools (e.g. SQL, R, Python, Alteryx, SAS, STATA, Matlab, etc.). Experience with Alteryx a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field with numerous examples of applying complex or novel methods to solve business or applied problems
- Experience working with analytics tools, databases, model operations, model deployment, and data visualization tools
- Demonstrable experience and interest in digital transformation and analytics training
- Experience building and leading Data Science teams
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company values and ethics.
- Advanced relationship management and communication skills, including partnering and consulting with senior leaders
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Experience leading a data science function through transformation
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Advanced Degree
- Consulting Experience
- Business-level French Language Skills
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.