Sr. Revenue Accountant
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx seeks an experienced Senior Revenue Accountant to join our growing Revenue Accounting Operations team. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a strong revenue technical accounting background, is analytical, and possesses excellent communication skills.
Reporting to the Revenue Accounting Manager (US), the Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate revenue recognition, compliance with accounting standards and SOX, and timely month-close and financial reporting.
What you will do:
- Evaluate complex sales contracts to determine the appropriate treatment in accordance with U.S. GAAP, documenting management’s conclusions with appropriate references to ASC 606
- Ownership of revenue system (NetSuite/ARM) and complex month-end close workpapers (journal entries, account reconciliations, preparation of estimates/reserves, internal reporting, etc).
- Understand and analyze contract asset and contract liability accounts activity
- Prepare revenue related estimates and reserves for month-end
- Research, gather data and draw a valid conclusion on an accounting or system question
- Drive revenue related business process and system improvement initiatives
- Assist on new system integrations or products (SKU) end-to-end user acceptance testing
- Assist the Revenue Accounting Manager on various projects on an ad hoc basis
- Collaborate with Internal Audit team to ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Collaborate with auditors for the review and audit of financial statements
- Communicate financial details and analysis to upper management
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting preferred or
- 3+ years of software/SaaS revenue accounting experience within a public company preferred
- Strong technical accounting experience with software/SaaS revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Strong ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively communicate information to internal stakeholders
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Salesforce, NetSuite and Alteryx Designer desired
Alteryx is committed to fair, equitable, and transparent compensation. Final compensation will be determined by various factors such as your relevant work experience, education, certifications, skills, and geographic location.
The salary range for this role in Colorado, Southern California and Rhode Island is $91,500 - $151,000.
The salary range for this role in New York City and Northern California is $99,800 - $164,700.
In addition, you may be eligible for additional compensation, such as a bonus and stock grants. Employees may also be eligible for a wide range of other benefits, including medical, retirement, financial, wellness, time off, employee discounts, and others.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.