Director of Sales & Partnerships
Director of Sales & Partnerships
Techstars is looking for a Director of Sales & Partnerships to spearhead our sales, revenue, and partnership ventures across the Middle East and North Africa. In this role you will lead the charge in building a holistic ecosystem that supports founders from idea to IPO. You will do this by establishing commercial partnerships with Governments, Universities and Corporations to help them conceptualize, design and execute on programs dedicated to supporting startups and developing a more innovative ecosystem.
As the Director of Sales & Partnerships, you play a critical role in driving business growth and forging impactful partnerships that enable Techstars to be the world's most active pre-seed investor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify innovation initiatives with Government, University and Corporate Prospects
- Consult prospects on best practices for shaping an innovative ecosystem
- Navigate complex and consultative sales cycles, typically defined as six months or longer with a variety of stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Close new revenue through the sale of pre-Accelerator and accelerator products
- Define and execute on regional strategy for Middle East & North Africa
- Ensure client satisfaction and consistently drive the overall quality of our brand and programs upward
- Collaborate with the revenue team to drive corporate partnership strategy and execution by working closely with the Directors of Sales & Partnerships to exceed revenue and margin objectives
- Strive to exceed revenue goals and foster a culture of excellence
- Secure a pipeline of new partners through market analysis, outside calls and corporate relationship development
- Develop proposals, presentations and manage RFP responses and timelines
- Experience selling complex enterprise services and solutions into the C-Suite consistently closing deals upward of seven figures
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding sales performance metrics, e.g. quotas, pipeline, forecast accuracy
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills and ability to effectively present and negotiate with VP level and C-suite executives of Fortune 1000 organizations
- Ability to establish strong relationships within the organization and across all lines of business
- Right to work in Riyadh without company visa sponsorship.
- Minimum of 7+ years experience of demonstrated success in an enterprise sales environment
- Experience with complex and large ticket sales in excess of $1M per deal with quota-carrying responsibilities over $2M per year
- A Bachelor's degree (or commensurate experience) in Business, preferably marketing and sales
- Ability to travel 50%
- Must be located in Ryiadh with a strong local network.
Techstars is the most active pre-seed investor in the world having invested through its accelerators in more than 3,700 companies. Founded in 2006, Techstars believes that entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to invest in an unprecedented number of startups per year enabling more capital to flow to more entrepreneurs around the world. We do this by operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, as well as by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: