Location: New York City Metro - Onsite
Techstars is looking to hire an accomplished Executive Assistant to support the CEO. This position will be responsible for a broad set of responsibilities to effectively support the multi-faceted CEO agenda and facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization. This will include the full suite of executive administrative support, projects, short and long term planning aligned with the CEO priorities and overall leverage on multiple levels. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This person will have a high bar for excellence, critical thinking and problem solving skills and strong judgment. They must be very comfortable with ambiguity and constant context shifting, able to operate independently with a high level of integrity and maturity. The individual must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to do accurate, high quality work in a timely manner in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
This role will be instrumental in providing both strategic and tactical leverage to our CEO to enable them to achieve enterprise objectives and responsibilities. The role scope will include but not limited to calendaring and scheduling, complex global travel logistics and planning, analyses and projects, creating presentations, conference and event logistics, among other activities that support the CEO agenda. This role will interact heavily with the rest of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and their Executive Assistants, and will also interface with the Board of Directors and other external constituents.
This is a full-time position that requires flexibility with work hours and availability outside of regular business hours. This person will be expected to be in the office in New York City five days per week.
About the role:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the CEO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Plan, coordinate and manage extensive domestic and international travel.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with employees and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; and completing expense reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Exercise judgment to prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely with the CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Anticipate the CEO’s needs in advance of meetings, travel, speaking engagements and other commitments.conferences, etc.
- Coordinate all Executive Leadership Team meetings and assist with Company Update and other enterprise meetings
- Serve in both a gatekeeper and gateway capacity, providing for smooth communication between the CEO and leaders and employees and triaging requests for the CEO.
- Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing external relationships.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials.
- Partner with Executive Assistants of other executive team members to collectively manage entire Techstars Executive Leadership Team agenda
- Goal oriented, can think at a higher level, connect dots and synthesize information well.
- Able to proactively anticipate needs and plan with a forward thinking approach.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving, independent judgment and sound decision making.
- Exceptional professionalism and ability to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Can juggle multiple and competing priorities effectively, good at prioritizing with ability to respond with appropriate level of urgency
- Learner mindset, open to feedback and coaching, self-aware and wants to continuously improve.
- Can hold self and others accountable to delivering on commitments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people & leaders at all levels internally and externally
- Minimum of 5+ years’ related experience supporting C-Suite executives, ideally in organizations that have scaled from early stage to mid-size or large, and/or with experience in smaller, entrepreneurial companies and large corporate environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or Project Management or related field.
- Proficiency in productivity software like Microsoft Office and Google Suite, familiarity with product management software like Asana or similar, with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
Compensation range: $100,000 - $120,000 with 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,300 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $99.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
Something looks off?