Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: Connecticut, Colorado, New Jersey, New York
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will build applications that empower the Techstars network. Techstars already has one of the largest portfolios in early stage venture capital, with over 2,300 portfolio companies, a combined market cap of more than $193B, and 19 unicorns (companies valued $1B+). In this role, you will develop frontend and backend components, leverage cloud-based infrastructure, work with open source frameworks and tools, develop integrations with third-party applications, and interface with complex data sources. In doing so, you will directly shape technical platforms and applications that serve a worldwide community of founders, investors, mentors, and community organizers.
What you will do
- Contribute to the Techstars software platform as a member of an agile product squad
- Deliver enterprise-grade software atop a modern devops infrastructure
- Architect and develop features and functionality for our flagship digital platforms
- Continuously improve our development, deployment, testing, and operational processes
- Maintain software solutions in production and participate in the on-call rotation
- Contribute to supporting infrastructure, including testing, CI/CD and application monitoring
- Mentor colleagues on software development principles and best practices
- Infrastructure: IaC approach leveraging K8s, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, and AWS services
What you bring
- Expertise in full-stack web development, particularly Node, Express, and React
- Fluency in quality practices such as unit and integration testing, CI/CD, and monitoring
- Knowledge of REST-like API design and development, including documentation and testing
- Strong technical communication and documentation skills as well as a bias toward collaboration
- Familiarity with both relational and non-relational data sources
- Comfort operating in a fully-remote work environment
Compensation: $135,000 - $165,000 with 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $79 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
Something looks off?