Federal Professional Services Engineer/Consultant
Do you have a strong consulting background, are passionate and knowledgeable about information technology and cybersecurity, and have prior experience managing infrastructure? Swimlane is looking for an experienced Professional Services Engineer / Consultant in the US to join our Federal Delivery team!
In this position, you will help our customers improve and automate their processes to combat security threats. Your day-to-day efforts would include:
- Installing, configuring, and deploying the Swimlane Platform
- Developing and implementing Security Operations Center / Incident Response & Remediation Playbooks
- Delivering prescribed training and proctoring certification labs to our clients and partners
- Assisting with advanced architecture design for non-standard deployments
- Contributing to the Swimlane Community to answer customer/prospect questions, create relevant content, and facilitate broader security automation and orchestration adoption
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or relevant field. Year for year of relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree
- 2+ years of experience in Professional Services at a security vendor, SOC/IR experience, federal Cyber Protection Team experience or a combination of the three
- Demonstrated experience working in Security Operations Centers (SOCs) and Incident Response (IR) processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience with AKS/EKS/GCP and On-Prem Infrastructure (Management & Provisioning)
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable verbally, in writing, and designing supporting network diagrams/illustrations as necessary
- A strong understanding of modern cybersecurity technologies and methodologies, including:
- Deploying and integrating such platforms
- Consulting on best-practices for SOC/IR functions
- Developing and implementing automation and orchestration capabilities to streamline operations
- Hand-on experience with one or more of the following types of technologies: SIEM, IAM, Firewalls/Proxy, Threat Intelligence Platforms, Malware Sandboxing
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and autonomous environments
- USCYBERCOM Cyber Protection Team Experience and/or former Army 25D/170D a huge plus!
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Swimlane, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
The candidate selected for this position must be based in the US and must be able to obtain a locally granted security clearance to access government systems.
Who we are, and what we offer:
Swimlane is a rapidly growing, innovative startup that provides cloud-scale, low-code security automation for organizations of all industries and sizes. Our technology is relied upon by major security-forward companies around the globe and we are consistently rated as the #1 trusted low-code security automation platform. Our mission is to prevent breaches and enable continuous compliance via a low-code security automation platform that serves as the system of record for the entire security organization.
What’s the best thing about working at Swimlane? If you ask the team, they'll tell you it's the people. Swimlaners are innovative, collaborative and driven by the purpose of revolutionizing the way security teams automate and respond to alerts. Headquartered in beautiful Louisville, Colorado, directly between Denver and Boulder, Swimlane's staff spans 28 states and 23 countries!
The Perks of being a Swimlaner
- Competitive Benefits & Compensation
- Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Macbook Pro
- Great Company Culture
- We value collaboration and innovation
- Give-back Volunteering Opportunities
Here at Swimlane, our core focus is to Automate the World of Security and we strive to represent our five core values in everything we do:
- Punch above your weight class - We make the most of our circumstances and constantly surprise and impress with our ability to deliver.
- Be a happy innovator - The hard problems are the fun problems to solve, we’re excited to take on difficult challenges and find creative solutions.
- Always be leveling up - We are continuously improving, embracing change, and consuming information to better ourselves and each other.
- Move at the speed of WOW - We work with an extreme sense of urgency, but we never compromise quality.
- Have honesty and integrity in ‘all the things’ - We make decisions with the best of intentions, doing what is right for as many stakeholders as possible.
The hiring range for this position is $100,000-$130,000/year and is dependent on knowledge, skills, and experience.