Network Solutions Expert
Who We Are
Founded in 2017, SmartRent, Inc. (NYSE: SMRT) is the leading provider of smart home and property operations solutions for the rental housing industry.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as a winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards in 2021, 2022, and 2023 for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named on Deloitte’s 2023 Technology Fast 500™ list of fastest-growing companies; and our CEO, Lucas Haldeman, was recognized as an EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2023 —and we’re just getting started.
We are actively seeking a Network Solutions Expert who will play a vital role in promoting and assisting our sales team with our Community WiFi and network systems tailored for multi-family apartment complexes. This position requires a deep understanding of WiFi technologies and broader network infrastructure, excellent communication skills, and the ability to convey technical details into compelling value propositions for our customers. Additionally, the role emphasizes ongoing client engagement to identify and capitalize on opportunities for system sales.
- Technical Proficiency: Showcase comprehensive knowledge of WiFi technologies, networking standards, and protocols, with a specific focus on applications within multi-family apartment complexes. Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and the competitive landscape within wireless and network solutions for residential communities.
- Sales Collaboration: Work closely with the sales team to understand customer requirements, emphasizing the specific needs of multi-family apartment complexes, and propose effective WiFi and network solutions. Conduct technical presentations and product demonstrations tailored to showcase the benefits of our solutions.
- Solution Architecture: Collaborate with clients to understand the unique network architecture challenges in multi-family settings and help our Network Design team create customized WiFi and network solutions aligned with their specific requirements. Provide pre-sales technical support, offering guidance to help customers make informed decisions.
- Proposal Development in Partnership with Network Design: Collaborate closely with our Network Design team to develop detailed technical proposals, leveraging their expertise to provide the bill of materials and scope of work for each project. Ensure that proposals address the complexities of our clients needs in multi-family environments, with a focus on seamless integration and optimal performance.
- Customer Education and Ongoing Engagement: Conduct training sessions for customers to enhance their understanding of our WiFi and network products and technologies, ensuring ongoing client education. Establish and maintain regular follow-up procedures for clients to identify and act on opportunities for additional system sales.
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within client organizations. Collaborate with install partners to coordinate joint sales initiatives.
- Market Insights: Collect feedback from customers and the market to contribute valuable insights for product development and improvement. Provide feedback to the product management and solutions architect teams regarding market demands and customer preferences.
- 5+ years of proven experience in a Network Solutions or related role as a subject-matter-expert with heavy client facing responsibilities, having a focus on multi-family and commercial solutions.
- Solid understanding of WiFi technologies, networking protocols, and security principles.
- Sales acumen with the demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to travel to client sites and trade-shows as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Information Science, or a related field preferred, but not required.
- Experience with RG Nets rXg, Ruckus, Cambium, and TP-Link hardware are highly desirable.
- Experience with Salesforce and Google Workspace.
We offer 100% employer-paid medical coverage, flexible PTO (because we know how important work-life balance is), and competitive 401k and employee stock purchase plans to invest in your future. You’ll fit right in if you’re:
- Do the hard work and go out of your way to deliver excellence
- Own outcomes and learn from your mistakes
- Are a collaborative and supportive team player; win or lose you lift others up
- Value authenticity, other’s perspectives, and diversity in the workplace
- Have a passion for smart tech and the real estate industry