Route Delivery Driver
At Smallhold, we’re building the resilient farming infrastructure of the future. From advanced distribution and farming hubs to modular, high-output technology-enabled Minifarms, we’re bringing the farm to the people, supplying the freshest organic produce to entire cities on a block-by-block basis.
Since 2017, Smallhold has established itself as the leader in US specialty mushroom production with our products found in top retailers like Whole Foods and Central Market and some of the nation’s most exciting restaurant kitchens, such as Maison Yaki, the Standard Hotels, and Bunker Vietnamese.
Our mushrooms, farms, and team (including an amazing cohort of farmers) have been featured in publications like The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Gizmodo, Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart -- to name a few.
What’s next for Smallhold? Our network is growing and with it we’re rapidly expanding our infrastructure, building farms in new markets and bringing specialty mushrooms to more people than ever before. We have big plans for this year and need people like you to help us spread our roots across the country!
As a Route Delivery Driver, you play an integral part in our operations. You deliver the mushrooms that connect people with—and through—food. You follow strict safety standards on and off the road and build strong relationships with customers by providing exceptional service. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with a physically demanding, customer-facing, sales-oriented position and must be available to start between 6 and 8 a.m.
- Deliver high-quality products to our customers in a safe, courteous, and timely manner.
- Check all orders against their respective invoices to ensure the customer is receiving the correct items and ensure that all orders are signed for
- Load all deliveries into the van or truck in a manner compliant with food safety practices
- Inspect delivery vehicle and ensures the safety and security of the loading and unloading process
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, including refueling as need
- Perform safety checks on vehicle and complete routine maintenance
- Move packaging materials from storage facility to the farm
- Contact customers to confirm delivery details
- Maintain delivery logs and records
- Establish and maintain outstanding relations with customers
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
- A valid driver’s license
- Safe driving record is a requirement
- Verifiable experience driving a 22ft truck throughout the five boroughs
- Comfortably lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to bend, lift overhead, and walk up and down flights of steps while carrying a load as needed
- Excellent vision and hand-eye coordination to stay safe while driving
- Knowledge of how to handle materials safely, such as food or chemicals
- Time management to ensure deliveries are made on schedule
- Pallet jack proficient
Nice to Haves
- Experience with refrigerated trucks and perishable goods; preferably food
- Valid Forklift Operator Certification
- Schedule: Full-time
- Location: On site in Brooklyn, NY
- Pay: $29.42
- Healthcare Benefits
- Robust PTO
- 401 (k) plan
- Opportunities for growth with a rapidly growing, mission driven organization
- Mushrooms always!
Smallhold celebrates difference and diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging and respect. If there is anything we can do to ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.