Supply Chain Specialist
At Smallhold, we’re building the resilient farming infrastructure of the future. From advanced distribution and farming hubs to modular, high-output technology-enabled Minifarms, we’re bringing the farm to the people, supplying the freshest organic produce to entire cities on a block-by-block basis.
Since 2017, Smallhold has established itself as the leader in US specialty mushroom production with our products found in top retailers like Whole Foods and Central Market and some of the nation’s most exciting restaurant kitchens, such as Maison Yaki, the Standard Hotels, and Bunker Vietnamese.
Our mushrooms, farms, and team (including an amazing cohort of farmers) have been featured in publications like The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Gizmodo, Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart -- to name a few.
What’s next for Smallhold? Our network is growing and with it we’re rapidly expanding our infrastructure, building farms in new markets and bringing specialty mushrooms to more people than ever before. We have big plans for this year and need people like you to help us spread our roots across the country!
As a Supply Chain Specialist, you will play a crucial role in optimizing our supply chain operations to ensure the efficient flow of materials, products, and information. You will work closely with various departments, suppliers, and logistics partners to streamline processes, minimize costs, and improve overall supply chain performance.
- Effectively collaborate with various departments, including facilities, sales, and finance, to gain a comprehensive understanding of how supply chain decisions impact the entire organization.
- Direct and coordinate global supply chain activities, focusing on strategy development, resource optimization, maximizing profitability, and achieving key performance indicators (KPIs). The primary goal is to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate and coordinate activities with parcel carriers, couriers, and logistics brokers; this includes managing shipping order placement and tracking orders to ensure smooth logistics operations
- Collaborate with plant, warehouse, and logistics departments to identify and establish inter-company transfers; this involves efficiently moving goods between different locations within the organization.
- Use data analysis and reporting, to make informed supply chain decisions and track key performance indicators.
- Provide support for the proper utilization of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Familiarity with the ERP system, particularly RF Smart, is beneficial in this role)
- A Bachelor's degree in supply chain management or a related field is required to demonstrate a strong foundation in supply chain principles.
- Three years of experience in supply chain planning or related roles is preferred.
- Possess knowledge of planning processes and activities, which is essential for effective supply chain management.
- ERP System Proficiency: Familiarity with ERP/MRP system operation, with a preference for experience with RF Smart, is advantageous for efficient data management.
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are crucial for collaborating with various teams and ensuring effective coordination in the supply chain.
- Strong skills in storytelling through data.
- Healthcare Benefits
- Robust PTO and Paid Holiday Programs
- Equity Participation
- 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for growth with a rapidly growing, mission driven organization
- Mushrooms always!
- Estimated salary $85-95K annually.
Smallhold celebrates difference and diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging and respect. If there is anything we can do to ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.