Tech Lead/ Senior Java Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will join one of our feature delivery teams working to deliver new product functionality and customer-requested enhancements leveraging the Salesforce technology stack. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team that is focused on delivering the best experience for our customers. You will be working with our cloud-based software, which is implemented on the Force.com platform.Implementing on the force.com platform, you will use frameworks such as Apex, LWC, React, etc.
Utilizing your great communication skills, you will deliver scalable solutions that are adapted to various verticals such as telecom, energy, utilities, etc. You will establish relationships with customers, product managers, and fellow teams to ensure you can translate requirements into exceptional products. You should have a passion for writing clean code, leveraging design patterns, authoring robust unit tests, and a detailed focus for thoroughly testing your solutions.
The Skill Set
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design principles.
- Deep knowledge of how to write Java REST ServicesExcellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills and ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, especially in transitioning to the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Platform, including Apex programming and Lightning Web Components development (experience is a plus but not mandatory).
- Salesforce certifications (e.g., Platform Developer I, Lightning Web Component Specialist) are desirable but not mandatory.
- Ability or Interest to lead a delivery team, including training sessions, stand-ups, mentoring, and providing issue resolution
- Deep focus on the area they own, identifying technical debt and optimizing the system continuously.
- Ability to translate the business requirements of customers into technical architecture and relay the requirements to other team members
- Ability to estimate effort towards building a solution and balance polish and speed effectively
- Utilize computer science fundamentals and background
- Focus rigidly on delivering quality solutions by thoroughly testing code before handing it over to QA, writing unit tests, and exercising best practices such as BDD or TDDServe as a member of an agile team and be able to take part in all of the associated processes and cadencesAdapt a pixel-perfect mockup into a functioning solution
- Write modular, reusable, and scalable code
Within 60 Days,You'll
- Salesforce Platform Fundamentals:
- Understand the Salesforce platform architecture and terminology (CRUD operations, object relationships, data model).
- Learn the Salesforce declarative development tools (Process Builder, Workflow Rules, Validation Rules, Triggers, Formula Fields).
- Master Lightning Web Components (LWC) for building modern user interfaces.
- Be familiar with the Apex programming language (syntax, object-oriented concepts, data types, control flow).
- Understand the Salesforce user interface (UI) development tools (Lightning App Builder, Aura Components).
- Data & Integration:
- Learn about Salesforce data management concepts (Objects, Fields, Relationships, Data Types).
- Understand the concept of security and data access in Salesforce.
- Gain basic knowledge of Salesforce integration tools (SOAP API, REST API, Apex Data Loader).
- Development & Deployment:
- Learn how to use Salesforce Developer Tools (IDE, Developer Console, Scratch Orgs).
- Understand the Salesforce deployment process (Sandboxes, Change Sets, Releases).
- Testing & Debugging:
- Understand the importance of code coverage and how to achieve it.
- Be familiar with basic debugging techniques in Apex and LWC.
- Salesforce Ecosystem:
- Understand the Salesforce ecosystem (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, etc.).
- Learn about the Salesforce AppExchange and how to find and install apps.
- Be familiar with the Salesforce community and resources (Trailhead, forums, documentation).
- Apex Programming:
- Leverage your Java programming skills to develop and maintain robust Apex code within the Salesforce Platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into scalable and efficient Apex solutions.
- Complete your Development
- Plan to be fully ramped on our technology stack and establish design patterns
- Be a consulted contributor as part of one of our delivery teams
- Deliver several enhancements and bug fixes
- Know the ins and outs of the Sitetracker product offering as well as how to build and extend the functionalityBegin working with other senior developers to architect solutions for our customers
- Know the development best practices and begin to help junior developers with questions about development practices
- Work with junior and senior developers to perform code reviews that follow Sitetracker coding standards
- Work with your manager to learn our deployment process
- Continuous Learning:
- Stay updated on the latest Salesforce technologies, tools, and best practices. Actively participate in training programs and certifications to enhance your skills on the Salesforce Platform.
Within 180 Days, You'll
- Become an expert in the functionality and codebase of several modules across the Sitetracker product
- Have built and shipped large modules
- Serve as a technical expert for modules and features built during the requirement and design sessionsCollaborate with external teams to debug issues raised by customers.
- Volunteer on initiatives that advanced Sitetracker’s developer efficiency and best practices
- Use your expertise to identify technical debt and deliver an action plan to resolve it.
- Take part in customer meetings to gather requirements, understand use cases, and be able to explain your solutions in a simplified non-technical wayArchitect End-to-End Solutions.
- Written clean, scalable code with solutions that result in features adopted and loved by customers
- Serve as subject matter export to other teams for features that you have developed
Within 365 Days, You'll
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers on development practices
- Drive efficiencies in the team by being an advocate for process/coding standard improvement
- Define standards for new technologies
- Generically develop large-scale modules so that we can extend and enhance the Sitetracker offering
- Lead engineering initiatives within the team that are focused on continuous improvement or leveraging new technology that significantly enhances efficiency, quality, or the user experience
- Develop strong industry expertise in the industries we serve to better inform the software you develop
- Serve as a primary subject matter expert for other teams in several areas of the application that you were not directly a part of
- Have established strong bonds with your team members that ensure efficient completion and building of features that our customers love
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.