Senior Enterprise Software Project Manager
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
As a Senior Enterprise Software Project Manager for our Implementations Team at Sitetracker, you will have the opportunity to work closely with some of the most forward thinking companies and make a meaningful impact to the industries that they service.
This is a role within Sitetracker’s professional services team, reporting to the Director, Solution Delivery. In this role, you will leverage your knowledge of enterprise software project management and delivery (preferably with Salesforce), cloud technologies, and people management skills to lead a team of Implementation professionals.
You will work closely with our Sales, Customer Success, EDS (Enhancement, Development, and Support) and Product teams to onboard our customers, nurture those customer relationships, and ensure their success on the Sitetracker platform.
The Skill Set
- Engage in and adhere to Sitetracker’s global project management methodology, implementation tools, and practices
- Leverage past experience working in a SaaS environment to establish and support best practices
- Provide application and project guidance, maintenance, training, and knowledge transfer
- Proactively communicate both internally and externally, including project risks, issues, or any information that may affect success
- Engage with sales teams for resource planning, pre-sales, and scoping efforts
- Drive team utilisation and bill-ability targets
- Understand development/database concepts
- Monitor project portfolio to maximise success, control budget, scope, and adhere to schedule and methodology
- Manage resource planning and staffing for customer engagements
- Leverage appropriate stakeholder involvement throughout the life of the project to ensure success
- Participate in cross-functional teams around product design, marketing events, etc.
- Create a positive work environment and culture by demonstrating superior attitude and work ethic ensuring the vision, values and culture of Sitetracker
Within 60 Days, You'll
- Monitor and learn the existing Sitetracker implementation process by being the Project Manager for at least one Enterprise level customer
- Shadow implementations in region to help with understanding of current implementation methodology
- Leverage existing experience to identify areas of improvement within the existing process
- Prepare content for the Implementation team’s monthly utilization review with the CEO
- Understand the product and its features enough to demo the product to someone else on the team
- Understand the touch points and collaboration between the post-delivery and the solutions selection phase
Within 180 Days, You'll
- Develop sufficient technical knowledge of the Sitetracker platform to challenge solution architects on best practices/approaches
- Assist with the refinement of Sitetracker’s project management methodology, implementation tools and practices to support our international customers
- Be the Project Manager on multiple enterprise level customers
- Compile utilisation report to be reviewed by Sitetracker’s CEO detailing the efforts of the implementation team
- Provide recommendations on how to improve core implementation metrics (which include adoption, utilisation and gross margin)
Within 365 Days, You'll
- Demonstrate a Q/Q improvement in team utilisation and profit margin on Sitetracker’s implementations
- Develop a strong understanding of each of the verticals Sitetracker works with, being able to communicate to and solution for the specific challenges customers in those verticals face
- Propose refinement to Sitetracker’s Implementation methodology to account for Implementations
- Assist in coaching and mentoring new Project Managers as the team grows
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.