Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
The AR/Revenue Manager will own the full accounts receivable cycle and revenue. You will manage the end-
to-end process of billing and collections, ensuring timely invoicing, payments, and accurate reporting. Review
accounts receivable, unbilled receivables, sales taxes payable, and bad debt. For revenue, you will maintain
the bookings table and review deals within Salesforce daily. You will also prepare the revenue & deferred
revenue reconciliation at month-end. Ultimately, this role will work closely with customers and leaders of the
Finance, Sales, Operations teams, to create, implement, evolve and report on Sitetracker’s key processes and
metrics around accounts receivable and revenue.
The Skill Set:
- Seasoned experience in Full Cycle Accounts Receivable in a fast-paced, evolving, private equity backed environment.
- Strong accounting background with extensive experience in performing balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations. Familiarity with advanced formulas in Excel, i.e. X-lookup, if function, sumifs, pivot tables, etc.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software (Netsuite and Salesforce experience are highly desired).
- Monitor and report on AR status, including customer aging, collections forecast, team performance, key metrics such as DSO and billing turnaround.
- Provide insight and process improvements regarding the financial health of the Accounts Receivable function, including escalating and triaging billing and collection issues.
- Well organized with a methodical approach to managing workload and prioritizing activities according to business need.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with Sales, Operations, Customer Success, Solution Delivery to ensure accuracy of each business transaction.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Approach work with enthusiasm, energy, dedication and integrity.
Within 60 Days, You will:
- Have been introduced and developed in-depth knowledge of Sitetracker, its customers and teams.
- Manage the day-to-day billing and collection activities and resolve account or payment delinquencies in a timely matter.
- Review weekly and monthly AR reporting and reconcile revenue & deferred revenue.
Within 180 Days, You will:
- Take full ownership of the Accounts Receivable function and set objectives for the AR team that align with the Finance department’s goals.
- Have established yourself as the primary point of contact for all AR-related matters.
- Identify delinquent customers and develop a strategy with internal teams to ensure prompt collection.
- Appropriately raise issues both internally and externally.
- Perform and review reconciliations of various balance sheet and profit & loss accounts.
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
Within 365 Days, You will:
- Identify, design, and implement operational improvements as needed and make recommendations on tools or software that can take Sitetracker Accounts Receivable to the next level.
- Add to the AR playbook and its best practices.
- Work directly with various teams to ensure continuity in billing and payments received.
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.