Senior Salesforce Engineer
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2023
As a Senior Salesforce Engineer, you will join our Engineering Team and work on delivering new customer functionality as a full-stack Salesforce engineer. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and highly collaborative team that is focused on delivering the best experience for our customers.
You will be working with our cloud-based project and asset management solution, which is implemented on the Force.com platform. You will leverage modern web technologies like Apex, Lightning Web Components, ECMA6, and React/React Native.
You will build new modules, enhancements, and resolve bugs by utilizing your passion for writing clean, elegant, and scalable code. You will demonstrate your communication and collaboration skills by working closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other stakeholders throughout the full SDLC.
The Skill Set:
- Demonstrate around 5 Years of Salesforce development experience
- Build and maintain large data volume and/or Enterprise applications
- Build applications with Lightning Web Components including: Robust component hierarchies with event models, use of component lifecycle methods, and state management using @track and @api decorators
- Utilize knowledge of Salesforce declarative and programmatic offerings, and able to leverage the right solution
- Demonstrate experience with Design Patterns and specific applications to Salesforce (MVC, Trigger Handlers, etc.)
- Apply experience using Salesforce performance monitoring, debugging tools, and governor limits
- Design and support complex data models that successfully scaled to business needs
- Write unit tests with assertions both in Apex and Jest.]
- Build 3rd party apps that leverage Salesforce APIs or Custom Apex services (preferably in React or Node.js)
- Apply knowledge of Continuous Integration (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.) Git (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Estimate effort and risk accurately prior to building new functionality
- Employs and encourages adoption of high coding standards
- Provide mentorship to peers and lead the team to fulfilling their goals
- Able to abstract the technical jargon and still provide meaningful information to non-technical stakeholders
- Adapt a pixel-perfect mockup into a functioning solution
- Nice to Have: Worked for a Salesforce ISV and contributed to their managed package
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Become Sitetracker Certified
- Become an expert in the functionality and codebase of several modules across the Sitetracker product
- Complete our Sitetracker Engineering Development Plan and be fully ramped on our technology stack and established design patterns
- Be a consulted contributor as part of one of our SCRUM teams
- Deliver several enhancements and bug fixes
Within 180 Days, You'll:
- Have built and shipped large modules
- Take part in code reviews, training and assisting other engineers
- Serve as a technical expert for modules and features built during requirement and design sessions
- Collaborate with external teams to debug issues raised by customers
- Volunteer on engineering initiatives
- Use your expertise to identify technical debt and deliver an action plan to resolve it
- Deliver bug fixes and enhancements across web and mobile
Within 365 Days, You'll:
- Lead engineering initiatives within the team that are focused on continuous improvement or leveraging new technology that significantly enhances efficiency, quality, or the user experience
- Develop strong industry expertise in the industries we serve to better inform the software you develop
- Serve as a primary subject matter expert for other teams in several areas of the application
- Have established strong bonds with your SCRUM team that ensures efficient completion and building of a product that our customers love
Sitetracker was founded ten years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.