Software Engineer in Test (ONSITE)
Sense is a fast-growing greentech scale-up based in Cambridge, MA. We build smart home monitoring systems to help people take command of their energy usage, saving money while combating climate change. Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient, and we’re looking to make an impact at scale: Sense’s technology has the potential to remove one gigaton of carbon from the atmosphere every year.
To accomplish our mission, we are building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Our product, built on our unique machine learning technology, gives people visibility into the energy usage of their homes and provides insights to simplify saving energy and money. We are a team of highly curious, collaborative engineers who enjoy working together to solve a wide range of interesting technical challenges across a deep stack that spans embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud. If the idea of having a significant positive impact on our product (and climate) sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
Sense supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to foster an engaging, respectful, and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work.
What you are good at
- Writing test plans and test cases, execute, and capture test results
- Executing manual test cases using our mobile/web apps and other tools
- Actively participate in requirements and design reviews.
- Managing testing efforts across many varied projects and tasks under tight deadline
- Writing clear, well-documented bugs in JIRA
- Automation : Web, Mobile, API
- Verifying bug fixes and following up with the developers
- Reproducing customer issues in internal test environments
- Participating in troubleshooting and triage of issues
- Setting up and maintaining QA testing infrastructure
- Supports, designs, develops, and enhances test processes
- Passion for Quality
- At least 5+ yrs software quality assurance experience
- Thorough working knowledge of software testing methodologies and the testing life cycle
- Testing experience with web, mobile, APIs.(Cypress, Appium, XCUITest) (minimum 3 yrs)
- Experience with integration testing between applications (minimum 3+ yr)
- Identifies, communicates, and escalates issues as required
- A team player and self-starter who will work side by side with the development team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with consumer electronics a plus
- Experience with meters and utilities a plus
- Experience with hardware/firmware testing a plus
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Sense supports a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work. Sense is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Sense is a growing VC-backed startup with an experienced leadership team and revolutionary machine learning technology.
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Competitive compensation including equity
- On-site in our Cambridge Central Square office
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
- Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
- Dependent Care Accounts
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
- Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
- Dental (90%)
- Vision (100%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)
- 401k plan with attractive company match
- Free Sense energy monitor for your home, discounts for friends and family