Growth Marketing Manager, Lifecycle
Sense is a fast-growing Greentech scale-up based in Cambridge, MA. We build smart home monitoring systems to help people take command of their energy usage, saving money while combating climate change. Our mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient, and we’re looking to make an impact at scale: Sense’s technology has the potential to prevent one gigaton of carbon from entering the atmosphere every year.
We’re looking for talented self-starters who want to be part of the energy transformation and are ready, willing, and able to tackle tough challenges and complex technical problems. When you join the Sense team, you’re helping us build a cleaner, more resilient future.
As the first product marketing hire, you’ll lead the development of our customer engagement campaigns and communications across push,email, and in-app content. This role will be equal parts analytical and creative. You should be as comfortable defining experiments and reviewing product data, as you are at considering motivations, crafting copy, and building campaigns.
- 6+ years of marketing experience, including messaging, segmentation, campaign strategy/development, and lifecycle optimization, ideally with a B2C SaaS company.
- Deep working knowledge of a modern CRM platform such as Braze or Iterable and a track record leveraging those tools to create successful, multi-channel, and multi-touch campaigns.
- Metrics-driven with the ability to frame up project work through a business impact lens.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate effectively
- A test-and-learn mindset
- Craft a product messaging strategy that will help guide customers along their product journey.
- Using a modern CRM tool, instrument campaigns that are based on both qualitative and quantitative data in order to deliver the right message, to the right person, at the right time.
- Develop and write (or outsource) compelling, informative, and engaging content that aligns with our company's brand voice and style and drives member engagement.
- Create content briefs, and manage outsourced content projects and budget for a variety of content types.
- Continuously identify opportunities to personalize and optimize the customer journey, including content/messaging strategy and channel/timing optimizations that lead to stronger engagement.
- Interpret and communicate analytics results, assess program effectiveness, and adapt campaigns.
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Remote or local/hybrid in our Cambridge Central Square office
- Home office setup allowance ($200/year)
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
- Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
- Dependent Care Accounts
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
- Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
- Dental (90%)
- Vision (100%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)
- 401k plan including Company Match
- Free Sense energy monitor for your home, discounts for friends and family