Our Mission at Scythe
Manufacturing Specialist at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a Manufacturing Specialist to support the next chapter in Scythe’s journey: ramping from dozens of units to tens of thousands. We've developed an industry-changing machine and have customers knocking down our door for units, so we're looking to scale our production quickly and get thousands of reliable autonomous machines out into the world where they can change how we take care of all our outdoor space.
You will be hands-on with the robot from the very beginning and will be responsible for a variety of projects related to scaling mass production to meet our demanding schedule. No task will be too large or too small! You will be a key member of the team providing feedback for design and/or manufacturing improvements to help Scythe increase quality, rate, and decrease cost. As the team grows, you will be in a great position to support new members and help us build a strong manufacturing organization!
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Assembly and Test of our vehicle M.52 from beginning to end
- Triage non-conforming hardware, establish root cause, and deliver correct actions
- Drive continuous development projects that improve quality, cost, and delivery of our vehicles
- Optimize factory layout designs using lean manufacturing principles
- Implement and enforce QA process from beginning (incoming material and components) to end (successful completion of vehicle validation test)
What you know well
- Working with your hands; building, repairing, troubleshooting within and around complex systems.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics
- Experience working with/around a high volume production line (cycle time < 5 min)
- Experience bringing a physical product from development to sustained production
- Familiarity with basic fabrication methods (assembly, welding, machining, , laser cutting, water jet etc)
- Firm understanding of basic electrical theory and fundamentals; including practical use of a digital multimeter
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups both large and small with various technical backgrounds
What you’ve maybe done
- Designed or maintained a high volume production line or sections of a line (cycle time < 5 min)
- Experience building and/or maintaining a high volume production line and associated equipment
- Experience fabricating, programming, and/or operating automated equipment in a production environment (ex: 6 DOF robotic arms, pneumatic systems, electrical panels, etc)
- Experience with working with PCBAs down to a component level, ex. design and/or troubleshooting
- Developed engineering drawings, electrical/hydraulic schematics, and/or P&IDs from scratch
- Built data visualization dashboards from scratch (Tableau, Grafana, Power Bi)
- Bachelors degree or higher in a related field (ME, EE, Mechatronics)
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Fort Pierce, FL
- Flexible paid time-off
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Manufacturing Specialist position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $80,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.