Our Mission at Scythe
IQC Inspector at Scythe
Scythe Robotics is looking for an experienced IQC inspector to help drive quality efforts for our production and supply chain teams. The IQC Inspector will be responsible for inspecting, testing, measuring, and verifying incoming product to ensure it meets the Purchase Order and Controlled Document specifications. Working closely with the Supply Chain team, you will ensure all incoming products meet our expectations before adding them to inventory. This role will regularly interact with Engineering and Purchasing, and will help support Warehouse staff with inventory control and material handling as needed.
You’ll work in concert with teammates from across the company to build a rich understanding of product needs and bring those ideas to life. We expect you to be broadly experienced to be able to “see around corners”, to thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed engineering environment, and to be a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its big mission.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Inspect and/or test incoming material to ensure it meets specifications
- Work with the Supply Chain and Engineering teams to identify which parts require inspection, and set a cadence for inspecting/testing inbound material
- Identify, process, and document non-conforming product to assist in root cause analysis and corrective action
- Assist with creating and documenting inspection processes
- Assist our warehouse team with material handling and inventory control
What you know well
- Familiarity with cables, electrical, mechanical, and welded structural components
- Ability to read technical drawings and bill of materials
- Practical experience with GD&T and skillful use of metrology tools and gauges
- Experience working with manufacturing enterprise resource systems, electronic databases, and paperless work instructions
- An understanding of process flow in a shipping/receiving/warehouse production environment
- Impeccable attention to detail
What you’ve maybe done
- Responsible for precision inspection of machined components, cast parts, welded assemblies, etc using precision measurement tools
- Warehouse role with an eye towards quality and/or logistics
- Responsible for production testing PCBAs, electrical and mechanical components, or relevant systems in a production environment
- Incoming quality control and material handling
- Familiarity with inventory control best practices
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Fort Fierce, FL
- Flexible paid time-off - 120 hours per year on accrual basis
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The IQC Inspector position has an expected minimum hourly rate of $25. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.