Manufacturing Support Technician
Our Mission at Scythe
Manufacturing Support Technician at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a Manufacturing Support Technician to support the next chapter in Scythe’s journey: ramping from dozens of units to tens of thousands. We've developed an industry-changing machine and have customers knocking down our door for units, so we're looking to scale our production quickly and get thousands of reliable autonomous machines out into the world where they can change how we take care of all our outdoor space.
You’ll be hands-on with the robot from the start and be responsible for assisting our Manufacturing and Assembly team building and units to meet our demanding schedule. No task will be too large or too small! You will be a key member of the team providing extra hands and efficiency to help Scythe increase quality, rate, and decrease cost. As the team grows, you will be in a great position to support new members and help us build a strong manufacturing organization.
This is considered an entry level technician position.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Assist with hands-on assembly of production Scythe mowers with supervision.
- Assist with the development of production processes for initial production runs of a given product
- Assist our team of technicians and engineers to ensure the robots are built to the highest level of quality while balancing schedule demands.
- Operate a wide range of assembly hand tools and consumables with training (torque wrenches, silicone sealant, Loctite, multimeter, etc).
- Assist with Production line and facility organization and efficiency projects - no job is too big or too small
- Assist with inventory and material handling
What you know well and/or bring to the table
- Safety within a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty or work outside in the elements
- Willingness to learn and be a team player
What you’ve maybe done/What you need
- Worked in a professional manual labor environment
- Must have valid driver's license
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Manufacturing Support Technician position has an expected minimum hourly rate of $20 Hr. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.