Supervisor, Field Service Operations
Our Mission at Scythe
Field Service Operations Supervisor at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a Field Service Supervisor to help manage our field technicians and fleet of autonomous robots supporting the next chapter in Scythe's journey: ramping from dozens of units to tens of thousands. We've developed an industry-changing machine and have customers knocking down our door for units, so we're looking to scale our production quickly and get thousands of reliable autonomous machines out into the world where they can change how we take care of all our outdoor space.
You'll be directly responsible for leading the Field Service team of technicians and developing fleet strategy at Scythe. Many processes need to be developed from scratch and you'll be expected to deliver creative, novel solutions as well as getting hands on with the vehicles in the process. You'll be expected to work closely with our design engineers, manufacturing teams, supply chain personnel, and customer success groups to ensure we are maintaining an acceptable level of risk across the fleet.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Demonstrate leadership in day-to-day management of the Field Service Technicians across multiple locations.
- Assign and schedule jobs and work areas to Field Service Technicians according to their skills and knowledge.
- Coach, mentor, and communicate job expectations to service department team members.
- Take ownership of management responsibility relating to performance and people management with assigned Field Service Technicians.
- Review and approve the bi-monthly timecards for employees.
- Review and process all repair work orders for accuracy and completion.
- Monitor performance daily, ensuring safety, quality and execution.
- Collaboration with Field Engineering to measure key performance indicators (KPIs) for the fleet's health to inform business decisions in real time
- Collaboration with Field Engineering to create and manage dashboard(s) via Tableau and/or Grafana which measure(s) the overall fleet health metric
- Provide hands on support to troubleshoot, establish root cause, and perform the various types of maintenance activities required to keep the fleet healthy
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the year to various customer deployment sites within the US.
- 2+ years of direct leadership experience leading technical teams and technicians
- 2+ years of experience building, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting complex electro-mechanical systems including, but not limited to, robotics, antennas, PCBAs, actuators, GPS systems, industrial automation, etc.
- 2+years of experience working within an ERP system to assemble, test, and/or maintain electro-mechanical systems
- Experience recruiting for and developing technical teams, skillsets, and continued training
- Experience defining predictive and preventative maintenance schedules for electro-mechanical or industrial automation equipment
- Experience using complex tools such as an oscilloscope, voltmeter, precision inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc), and/or software monitoring programs
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Flexible paid time-off and remote work to let you do your best work where and when you want
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Field Service Supervisor position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $95,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.