Material Handling Specialist
Our Mission at Scythe
Material Handling Specialist at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a Material Handling Specialist to support the next chapter in Scythe’s journey: ramping from dozens of units to tens of thousands. We've developed an industry-changing machine and have customers knocking down our door for units, so we're looking to scale our production quickly and get thousands of reliable autonomous machines out into the world where they can change how we take care of all our outdoor space.
You’ll be a key member of our manufacturing team ensuring parts are received, placed into inventory locations, cycle counted regularly, and supporting delivery of completed robots. As the team grows, you'll be in a great position to support new members and help us build a strong manufacturing and supply chain organization!
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Receive, store, and issue raw material, components, and other hardware supporting production and R&D efforts
- Organize and maintain inventory totes, storage racks, and warehousing space to support high paced manufacturing
- Pick parts for kits and ensure all parts are accounted for and organized before delivering to production line
- Ensure lineside inventory locations are always full
- Cycle count components in inventory on a predefined frequency and adjust inventory records accordingly
- Maintain material handling practices according to company policies and procedures
- Monitor shelf-life storage and maintain proper rotation of inventory
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork as needed. This may include, but not limited to, visual receiving inspection, correct part numbers, revisions, quantities, etc.
- Formal receipt of hardware in ERP system per Purchase Order line item to maintain accounting
What you know well
- Previous experience in a warehouse function using an ERP system to receive, track, inventory, and issue hardware.
- Receive/ship equipment up to 2,000 lbs with knowledge of safe handling methods using forklift, pallet jack, and safe rigging (if necessary)
- Deep knowledge of transacting parts throughout a manufacturing environment. This includes barcode/QR code transactions, inventory rack organization, shipping/receiving experience, etc.
- Safe use of all tools, donning proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and safe lifting/rigging practices.
- Strong verbal communication skills. Must have experience communicating in person with interdisciplinary team members on a daily basis (engineers, peers, supply chain, etc). Examples of this are standup meetings, team huddles, quality reviews, safety reviews, etc.
- Strong computer skills. Ideally this includes experience with a suite of Google and/or Microsoft tools (Google Sheets, Google Docs, MS Excel, MS Word, etc). Interpreting assembly instructions from these tools will be a key to success.
What you’ve maybe done
- Experience with lot traced components and how to maintain their traceability
- Setup an inventory warehouse from scratch, embedding processes within an ERP framework
- Experience setting up and using a kanban inventory system
- Worked in a high volume manufacturing environment with lineside inventory management
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- Flexible paid time-off - 120 hours per year on accrual basis
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Material Handling Specialist position has an expected minimum hourly rate of $20/hr. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.